Nissan Forum banner

1601 - 1611 of 1611 Posts

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,601
AznBoiBryant said:
Hey Mike,
Back when you did your Optima battery yellow top upgrade, you also upgraded the wires with Lightning Audio sq power/ground wire. Did you get the Lightning Audio sq power/ground wires online and could you tell me where if you did? I mean I know the local audio store here in town can order them but somehow I feel like they usually rip me off.
I got some of it online and some of it directly from Rockford/Lightning Audio.....I'll take a look and see what I can run down for you...

·
Registered
281 Posts
myoung said:
I got some of it online and some of it directly from Rockford/Lightning Audio.....I'll take a look and see what I can run down for you...
Thank you Mike, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
myoung said:
I'm looking for the SQ 1/0 AWG wire also. I bought the storm battery clamps(1/0 AWG & dual 4 AWG), and when I got the wire, didnt realize it wasnt the storm SQ flat type. So now I have 6 feet of 1/0 AWG regular wire....I guess thats what happens when you work 12 hour shifts ....anywho. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Just an FYI about the 1/0 AWG SQ lightning audio flat wire.
No one actually carries it anymore, I've searched all over the place, and unless someone has it instock within a shop/store, your not gonna find it from a online store. I've searched for 2 days without result, and ebay is useless in this search.

I called Lightning Audio up, and its been discontinued with them as well, so you wouldnt be able to 'special order' it through a shop or from them directly.

I spoke with a tech, and he said you can use round wire just fine with the storm series battery clamps, it just wont look as good. But I wouldnt recommend that.

Just wanted to give a shout out about this.
Take care everyone.

P.S. Hey myoung , if you have an extra 5-6 feet of that 1/0 AWG flat wire your willing to part with, send me a PM.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey mike, When you installed your CAI/turbo charger on your car did you guys have to extend the maf wire so that it was able to reach the maf?

·
Banned
4,309 Posts
hey mike hows it going? whats up the the 200? any new and exciting plan? this car is turning into more than the ordinary b14 you see rolling down the street and im looking forward to what you have in mind next. keep it coming and keep up the good work. ;)

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
AznBoiBryant said:
Hey mike, When you installed your CAI/turbo charger on your car did you guys have to extend the maf wire so that it was able to reach the maf?
I dont believe he had to.. i dont remember seing it in the write up.. Mike is pretty thorough so it should have been in there if it needed to be done. But when i did a CAI, it didnt need the extention

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
pete? said:
hey mike hows it going? whats up the the 200? any new and exciting plan? this car is turning into more than the ordinary b14 you see rolling down the street and im looking forward to what you have in mind next. keep it coming and keep up the good work. ;)
he's doing well, been really busy with a few projects. He hasn't disclosed whats next on the adgenda, but we are all excited to see how things are going. hopefully, next time i talk to him, ill get more answers.

·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,609 (Edited)
AznBoiBryant said:
No it fit fine... I have however reinforced it with a little additional electrical tape and slapped a small piece of silicon hose over it..

older pic, but you get the idea..

remember this is the 240 maf/connector.... not the orig GA maf...,,,,,

·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,610
pete? said:
thanks.... there are still a few things on the list before moving on to a new project

1601 - 1611 of 1611 Posts