PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
172.5HP motor wise for the Auto 200sx SE

stock 115 HP ~ 80whp
turbo 172.5 HP ~152.1whp

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
"but you are talking about completely uncharted waters... we won't really know that naswer until someone does it.."

Thats why the next project car will be the GA16DE with the auto tranny :D

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
myoung said:

you're right... in a hurry to get everything up that was over looked... I'll do a little editing...

As for the auto.... that sounds about right, but you are talking about completely uncharted waters... we won't really know that naswer until someone does it..
Will Hotshot be able to create a Stage I with only the following?
Turbo Manifold
Turbo
2" Downpipe
Intake Piping
Blow Off Valve
Wastegate
Gauges
Hoses & clamps and all the necessary hookups

What about a Stage II with the following?
Front Mount Intercooler Kit (like greddy offers for hondas)
Injectors
MAF
3" Downpipe

Does the ECU definately have to be modified or will it work okay without injectors? Do we have to have injectors with a stage I just to get 30-40hp? For us automatic owners, an ecu upgrade costs a lot of money....

How's traction with those 17" rims? With an automatic, what stall speed would be required for enough traction off the line but enough of a stall to spool the turbo? For me on my B13, the widest tires I can fit are the 205/50/15's on street tires (kumho's or others).

·
Driver
736 Posts
Actually, if you have a B14 auto the ECU should cost the same as the manual version(since you just send them yours). Only the B13s are the ones that have really expensive ECUs. Wanted to clear that up...

E

·
0 Posts
Good to go!

Glad to finally see the numbers from the HS satge 1......I did however notice that the project car had an intercooler. What gives? I was under the impression that the HS stage 1 would not be intercooled. From what I have been reading, intercooled turbo setup's make more power than non-intercooled setup's. Just kinda of curious. Also will stock injectors remain with the stage 1 or will an upgrade to say SE-R injectors be needed. Also I may haved missed it but how much boost was the car dyno'ed at and what will be the max boost with the stage 1 setup. I have said this before and will say it again, thanks for all of you alls hard work.

P.S. I plan to go into those uncharted waters with my car ;). The automatic will be put to the test!

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Eric, my auto will be a guinea pig also :D If you get to do it first, maybe you can talk to me about what youve done and problems, so my install could go smoother. Most of those questions have already been asked in this thread, and mike is tired :eek: and will answer em soon, if he can. :)

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Re: Good to go!

Eric said:
Also will stock injectors remain with the stage 1 or will an upgrade to say SE-R injectors be needed. Also I may haved missed it but how much boost was the car dyno'ed at and what will be the max boost with the stage 1 setup. I have said this before and will say it again, thanks for all of you alls hard work.

okay I've updated the article to give a little more detail in the "Dyno" area... hope that helps...

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/july02/200sx_july02.php

E

·
0 Posts
Psch91,
Ok, I didn't know you had an a/t. Sure, I would be willing to answer any questions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
240sx maf

Mike Young,

What year 240sx maf is a direct fit on for the ga16? I was looking at my friend's 93 s13 today and it didn't seem like the connectors matched up. BTW, the Project car is looking sweet. Hope to get a ride in it sometime soon! :D

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Once youre done with the engine, will there be any Exterior mods? I would like to see what you could come up with.

·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Re: 240sx maf

JD4 said:
Mike Young,

What year 240sx maf is a direct fit on for the ga16? I was looking at my friend's 93 s13 today and it didn't seem like the connectors matched up. BTW, the Project car is looking sweet. Hope to get a ride in it sometime soon! :D

We checked it out at JWT... sorry not sure of the year... but stay tuned all the info will be in the coming articles...

Jack write me privately..... we need to talk

Michael Young

·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Psch91 said:
Once youre done with the engine, will there be any Exterior mods? I would like to see what you could come up with.
We have both exterior and interior plans coming soon... We still have a long way to go.. Project 200SX will be around for a while...

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Cant you update Project 200sx frequently, or when you do anything on project 200sx? Or do multiple things and put it into each months issue? If you plan on doing interior/engine/exterior and do one thing a month, thats gonna take years. I just want to see this thing done in like a year or so, because im very eager to follow in your footsteps and see what the car can do and look like.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Psch91 said:
. I just want to see this thing done in like a year or so, because im very eager to follow in your footsteps and see what the car can do and look like.
Why follow one single build-up when you have many cars on many forums to choose from, plus your own imagination.;)

41 - 60 of 1611 Posts