1 - 20 of 1611 Posts

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
how is the turbo?

·
Registered
351 Posts
hey Mike, let us know something when you will be installing bigger TB on sweet 1.6 I don't mean RC one, but something bigger like SE-R.... Would be very interested on that mod for B14. I know it's do able for B13, but something about TPS sensor angle that I don't think allows for simple swap with B14 SE-R TB

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The throttle body will be addressed in the coming months, as will upgrading the ignition... We plan on taking it one step at a time, to see exactly what each and every part does for our overall success..

Just when I thought we were getting close to seeing the end of this project, it now looks like we have quite a ways to go....Hope you guys won't get tired of seeing Project 200SX...

Michael Young

S

·
0 Posts
Mike, quick question...

I just have a quick question about your shifter setup. About how much shorter is your short shifter than the stock one, I don't mean the throw...I mean the actual height. And what type of MOMO boot do you have on there, what's the model name or whatever? Because I really like the way your shifter setup looks and I'm just trying to do the same to my car. Thanks.

·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would say the shifter is at least 3 inches shorter, The I cut about a inch off the top... I basically cut the threads off the top... Take a look at the pics on the SMC article... you can see the difference... Call Greg at Mossy I think he still has a few SMC shifters on the self... they are a hard find.....the next best would be the Pacesetter...which is a copy of the first gen SMC shifter

The boot was marked for a VW... I forget what model. that was a long time ago... the bracket is pretty big so make sure you get one that will fit around the plastic frame...

I think I may go back and upgrade that a little...maybe add a polished frame... stay tuned..

Michael Young

·
SIMPLICITY is the KEY
315 Posts
starter budget kit?

sup Michael,
can't wait untill the turbo is 100%
FINALLY!!
the long ignored but not forgotten GA16 has so much aftermarket recognition....yrs ago you'd be lucky to find seat belt pad:D
mad propps to HS for all the goodies especially the long awaited and anticipated turbo. This maybe way too early to ask but I know that the Hotshot turbo kit will be available in two versions. Have they mention anything about pricing yet?

·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: starter budget kit?

my420sx said:
sup Michael,
can't wait untill the turbo is 100%
FINALLY!!
the long ignored but not forgotten GA16 has so much aftermarket recognition....yrs ago you'd be lucky to find seat belt pad:D
mad propps to HS for all the goodies especially the long awaited and anticipated turbo. This maybe way too early to ask but I know that the Hotshot turbo kit will be available in two versions. Have they mention anything about pricing yet?
You'd have to call Hotshot for that...

I can tell you this thing is fun to drive now. I don't/can't release the numbers until next months issue, but I can tell you stage 1 is has more power than a SE-R with header/intake/exhaust,+... and that was with our exhaust still at 2"!

Stage 2 should really be fun

Michael

E

·
0 Posts
Great!

I'm glad to read that the project is coming along so well. I'm also glad to see two versions of the HS turbo as well. Everyone involved with this project should be thanked.........thanks everyone! I may have to reconsider going high compression now....the non-intercooled low psi version sounds very interesting......just what I would want for my car.

·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad to hear that...

This is one of the reasons it's taken a little more time... We came up with this plan for exactly those reasons. With an entry level system that can be upgraded will be a real plus for those that can't thrown down a big chunk of cash right away.. You can piece meal it and get stage 2 parts one at a time until your ready..

E

·
0 Posts
I glad you guys considered that.............so the stage 1 would be capable of running on the stock injectors and maf (of course this would include the needed JWT program)? Also I see you stated that you guys got good results running the 2inch exhaust pipe. So are they planning the down pipe to be 2 inches on the stage 1 since the common upgrade exhaust pipe size on our cars N/A is 2 inches? I still plan to work over the engine I just bought as in shot-peening the rods and a port/polish with a 3 angle valve job.....I may not however throw in the high cr pistons, in light of this new info. The stage 1 would really suit my needs since I don't want big hp numbers. For Solo 2 and 1 the stage 1 would provide enough power to take on the straights while making the car driveable in the corners. Again I thank everyone for all the effort that has gone into the R&D of the turbo system for the GA!

·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eric...

Eric said:
so the stage 1 would be capable of running on the stock injectors and maf (of course this would include the needed JWT program)? Also I see you stated that you guys got good results running the 2inch exhaust pipe. So are they planning the down pipe to be 2 inches on the stage 1 since the common upgrade exhaust pipe size on our cars N/A is 2 inches?
first Q: Yes

Exhaust will be up to the owner of the vehicle. The down pipe..(good question) I beleive Hotshot will be able to supply the needed size of the customers choice...with choices probably being 2" or 3"...but you'll have to give Hotshot a call on that one to confirm... It will be brought up in our next meet..

Our first tests were completed with the 2" exhaust because we figured it would be the common size that most people would already have. It runs quite well with it. We will be upgrading the exhaust size to 3" and MAF for our stage 2 testing.

Our enternals will remain stock during these tests.. Once the testing is completed for the Hotshot bolt on applications, we can open her up and get into those upgrades.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
I dont know too much about Turbo Setups, but I was just wondering, will this turbo work on a Automatic 200sx? And will that decrease performance? (drastically)

·
hYpNoTiC
370 Posts
yea I thought the project was a AUTO???? oops:( AND I was thinking about SWAPING from the looks of things I might as well jsut stay with my lil engine and turbo it. I was wondering what is STAGE II gonna exists off I really want to get something going with performance with my car any release dates on the turbo and the setups a person like me can run????

·
Registered
327 Posts
ga16det dream come true

honetly i was looking to buy a ex sickvic when i purchased my 200... i became very disapointed after a few months of looking for good upgrades to add some true spice to my ride...and to be quit honest i would gladly scrap all my elcheapo add ons and blow my whole tax return to abtain the hs tubo kit based on your hints of the performance gains that this kit will provide...I cant wait to read the next installment of npm to see how much closer the prototype is coming to its production stage...Two kits avilable for the masses that have other priorities"baby girl, food, shelter, and clothing"is also a very nice option...Thanx for all the effort that you and anyone else involed in this venture has taken to help bring use "the nissan loyal, Im now included since iv had my car close to 3 yrs with several chances to trade off" to a level were we can perform with the overrated car brands, and yes soon beat their best offerings...Again THANK YOU...

·
Registered
129 Posts
If only i knew there was a TURBO comming out for the GA16DE i just spend 10000$ putting a DET in my car :( to found out there gone be a turbo make for my old engine, would save me a lot of money and trouble. Since i found out am a little disapointed with my SR20DET yes it fast very fast may i say but for 10000$ it's a lot of money. Well too bad i can't wait to see the spec of the GA16DE-T.

Have fun :)

1 - 20 of 1611 Posts