Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

i just want to know if someone alredy put a 2.4L of a Stanza in a sentra E16i
and want to know if it fit exactly in the hole or have to proceed to modifications of the body well all info to make it!

thnx

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
1st off, i go check with a tape the distance between frame rails where the motor mounts sits ... then, youll have your answers... To my knowledge it has never been done, and why the hell would you want to put a lazy/massive/heavy ka24e when you can get a ca18de that will out run that monster for the same price ??? (that without getting the weight distribution all messed up)

Anyway good luck !! my guess it wont fit without major mod to the frame and custom axles...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i want this heavy 2.4 beause someone give it to me for 30 dollars so...
and with this motor in just fuck the civic

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
Oh man...

No, that engine will not fit in a B12, not unless you do EXTENSIVE fabrication, like maybe a tube chassis and a fiberglass body perhaps?

The juice is not worth the squeeze, even if they gave you motor for free, it still would cost more to shove it the car than its worth. Add to that the fact that that big clunky motor is simply too heavy for the B12's chassis and turning the car will be but a dream and even launching the car is going to be a nightmare (I'm assuming you want to "bUsT a 1/4 aGaInSt sOmE mAAd fOOlZ in tYtE CiViCz")

These Sentras are great little commuters cars that respond well to *well-thought out* modifications, but most rarely reach the level of *mAAd tYtE*, either because 1.Part simply are not as cheap or accessible or 2. Owners are poor.

My suggestion is that if you are really interested in cars and tuning, learn on this one, do little modifications here and there, learn how to <i>really</i> drive, and when you're ready to step up to another level, you can, with this car or another. When you mature a little, you'll discover this car business is not as easy as what you see in the movies or in video games. Sorry to be harsh, but someone needs to say it.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
actually...you can put a ka24 into a sentra with motor mount fabrication. well, lemme rephrase that....with motor mount fabrication it can, but i'm not sure about dimensions, you'd have to measure for that. But the stanza came with a ca20e, then they went to the ka24e....and i've known of guys replacing the ca with the ka just doing different mounts. So if you have the engine tranny wiring and ecu then i suppose you could...only thing i can't say for sure is halfshafts. Look up any late 80's early 90's stanza "fan club" and see if anyone knows of switching from ca to ka...cause the e had the same frame mounts as ca.

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
Gsolo said:
actually...you can put a ka24 into a sentra with motor mount fabrication. well, lemme rephrase that....with motor mount fabrication it can, but i'm not sure about dimensions, you'd have to measure for that. But the stanza came with a ca20e, then they went to the ka24e....and i've known of guys replacing the ca with the ka just doing different mounts. So if you have the engine tranny wiring and ecu then i suppose you could...only thing i can't say for sure is halfshafts. Look up any late 80's early 90's stanza "fan club" and see if anyone knows of switching from ca to ka...cause the e had the same frame mounts as ca.
Didn't they also change the Stanzas when they changed the engines (the old body style with a CA, the new one with a KA)? In any case, its not as simple as this kid thinks it is. And some guys with Silvas switch over to CA, I'm not sure what is involved in that though.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
bII said:
Didn't they also change the Stanzas when they changed the engines (the old body style with a CA, the new one with a KA)? In any case, its not as simple as this kid thinks it is. And some guys with Silvas switch over to CA, I'm not sure what is involved in that though.
thats true, its not the simple...there is no engine swap that is simple.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
even tweeking an E15et is a pain in the ass !! trust me ... and the good part thaught its bolt on !! lol.... getting anything but a KA engine will be better imo. too bad it was given to you... you might want to keep it and look for a stanza with bad engine !!... might be worth it :)

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Crazy-Mart said:
even tweeking an E15et is a pain in the ass !! trust me ... and the good part thaught its bolt on !! lol.... getting anything but a KA engine will be better imo. too bad it was given to you... you might want to keep it and look for a stanza with bad engine !!... might be worth it :)

or better yet a hardbody....rear wheel drive AND can haul junk. Then upgrade to a good de head and turbo..then you got a fast little pickup :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts