Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a product (not mods) that they use on their car that you think is really good and you'd like to share? It can be anything mundane like cleaners and stuff.

Here's mine:

Bosch Microedge Wipers - The best wipers I've ever used, cost is good and they are pretty durable.

Rain-X Washer Fluid - Only a little extra $ and the rain just beads right off.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I use Eagle-1 Tire Wet on the dashboard and vinyl and it works great for a show-quality shine. It doesn't leave a greasy feel at all, but it doesn't last real long.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Tuff Stuff

I use Tuff Stuff..... that foam carpet cleaner for the interior carpeting and velour on the door panels. It penetrates well and gets dirt out of the carpeting and velour really well. It also leaves your car with that "brand new car scent" You should check it out on the nozzle it even has the little brush so you can work the foam into the stain.

G

·
0 Posts
I like those water towels that are rubber. THey soak up water really well and leave NO water marks on the car. It's great!!
I just forgot what it was called.

And those clay bars!!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
GlowstickBoy said:
I like those water towels that are rubber. THey soak up water really well and leave NO water marks on the car. It's great!!
I just forgot what it was called.

And those clay bars!!
You mean the Chamois? I've always wanted to try a clay bar, but i heard its really only useful for a newly painted car. Comments?

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Those extra heavy duty paper shop towels. You can rub them on concrete and they don't rip. :eek: :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
i have the PIAA wiper blades and they are ok.

what gets tar out? I got a shitload on my door yesterday and I have no idea where from.

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seva said:
i have the PIAA wiper blades and they are ok.

what gets tar out? I got a shitload on my door yesterday and I have no idea where from.
Are the PIAA Blades worth the money? They would be about $30 in Canada and for me to spend that cash they'd have to last 3x longer than the Bosch Microedge ($10) or clean really really well.

·
Registered
249 Posts
fcsmotorsports said:

Are the PIAA Blades worth the money? They would be about $30 in Canada and for me to spend that cash they'd have to last 3x longer than the Bosch Microedge ($10) or clean really really well.
$30? hmm
i thought they cost more
it was a birthday gift from my girlfriend and they're carbo fiber look.
they clean pretty well, I guess. I didn't have bosch, but the ones I had before don't compare.

L

·
0 Posts
Meguire's Leather Wipes... Mothers Carnuba Wax.. and the Wax Spray from Meguire's..... if you want really good supplies for your car try to become someones friend that is a porter at a car dealer... my friend is a porter and gives me all the good shit.. by the gallon.. carpet shampoo..armor all...all dat shit.. he gives me coconut smellin armor all..umhh

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sorry, that was $30 per wiper here, I've seen $21 each and up in US$. Two of those wipers for me = 2/3 of a Blizzak for the Sentra.

Oh, another thing. For my dash I use Swiffer wipes, so there isn't a glare from the sun like Armour All. It's a huge nuisance in any type of motorsport event to be blinded by dash glare.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Seva said:

I have a bottle of bug and tar remover....I think its from turtle wax. It works pretty well...just put it on, let it soak in, then buff off.

G

·
0 Posts
andre said:

You mean the Chamois? I've always wanted to try a clay bar, but i heard its really only useful for a newly painted car. Comments?
I just washed my car again today. And it's called the "absorber". Just a rubber feeling mat that soaks up water really well. Soak up water, squeeze water out, and soak up more water, and repeat the process. Works GREAT!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
yo Seva

yo Seva you should try that Citrus Sticker remover. I has citrus power and it gets all kinds of bug, tar, stickers, and tree sap off of automotive finishes.....and guess what its safe for the finish too! You can get it at Walmart, K-mart, Target. hope this helps!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Re: yo Seva

Sentra GTR-1 said:
yo Seva you should try that Citrus Sticker remover. I has citrus power and it gets all kinds of bug, tar, stickers, and tree sap off of automotive finishes.....and guess what its safe for the finish too! You can get it at Walmart, K-mart, Target. hope this helps!
thanks- will try

A

·
0 Posts
Simple Green automotive degreaser works great for me.

I use it for tar, bugs, and even brake dust on my rims. In fact, I even used it to get grease off of my floor mats once. It's also really cheap, especially when you buy the 2L refiller bottles.

Aaron

1 - 20 of 21 Posts