Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a nice 240sx convertible. I found one a 92 that sounds nice and talked to the orginal owner. He told me there were only 450 convertibles brought to the US in 92, which makes this a pretty rare car. Can anyone help me vaildate this? Also, does anyone know what the production numbers were for the 93 and 94 model years?

Thanks!

·
Registered
460 Posts
good luck with the convertible, you think yoru gonna do the silvia front? that would look pretty badass and it would be somewhat original

·
Registered
60 Posts
i thought they were 94 only. guess not.

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
um sorry dude but there are no 92 convertibles. theres no 93 convertibles either. convertibles were only produced in 94 and they are all automatic and all coupe, and all 94 models are convertible.

FYI: this applies only to 240sx's. silvias and 180's continued with normal hard top production in 94 i believe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like they truly did make them from 92-94 rather than just 94. The owner of the car I was looking at emailed me a picture of the original window sticker and the data sticker from the door. Both are dated in 92 with a 3/92 production date. I also checked edmunds and kelly blue book to confirm. Based on the small number of these cars on autotrader.com and cars.com it looks like they were a pretty small production vehicle.

Any thoughts about where to go to get factory production numbers? I called the Nissan call center and they were useless on something this old.

Thanks agan.

·
S13 fanatic
1,548 Posts
Kelso said:
um sorry dude but there are no 92 convertibles. theres no 93 convertibles either. convertibles were only produced in 94 and they are all automatic and all coupe, and all 94 models are convertible.

FYI: this applies only to 240sx's. silvias and 180's continued with normal hard top production in 94 i believe.
looks like you need to do some research.....

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
the convertibles are coupes. the only difference is the top goes down...

Reactions: rnrpeg

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
lol i was saying that to fidelity....

·
Registered
2 Posts
BEST cars EVER! I owned a '93 drop top. Now, I've had my '91 hatchback coupe with only T-tops for....oh hell, probably longer than most of you have been alive. It's only got 110,000 miles - even tho I've driven it across country a few times! 🙃 I get hives when I think about having to drive another vehicle. Anyone have a clue what newer models might drive anywhere near as smoothly, and still handle so well @ 140mph?? (My favorite part was the insurance, since it was NOT rated as a "sports car". HA! Oh, and the cup holders are pretty nifty, too. Hugs the road beautifully with nice fat tires. My stomach is starting to hurt again. I hope I die before my car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts