Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 94 nissan sentra XE and I have repleced the transmission filter, air filter, fuel filter, spark plugsand wires. i think it might be my transmission might be bad. i will probally take to get a rebuild.
but the engine runs but when i drive it will accelerate fine if i take off slow but if i get on it the engine revs up like it should but its like the transmission doesn't engage good sometimes the engine trys to bogging out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got the car this year from my parents and they put a used engine in it august of last year i don't know how many where put on it before we got it but we got it from the dealership but we have put about 15,000 on it. I think the transmision is factory if that the case than 146,000 on the trans.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Have you checked out the TPS or the timing at all? How about the MAF? There's a whole shitload of little shit that could cause this, not just the transmission. When I bought my '93 XE it had similar symptoms, turned out the timing was off. Didn't figure this out until after I'd replaced my plugs, wires, rotor, cap, fuel filter and was into checking AAC valve, TPS, etc. I didn't have a timing light, hence why I hadn't checked it. It still didn't hurt to do all that stuff, I did it myself and only spent like $90 on it all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts