Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, if anyone can help me out with this problem I'll be very grateful...Well, I had recently traded my old truck for the car, it's a 1992 Nissan Sentra XE 2 door 4 spd, and when I start the car, I always have to jump it because when I turn the ignition key to Accessory or ON the lights on the dash like the Door Ajar light will come on, which is no problem, but if I turn it the rest of the way to start it, I hear 'CLICK' and then the lights shut off and it doesn't start, and I turn it again and I get nothing at all, and I drove it from one city to another with no problem so I know the battery is good, but it seems like a short, I dunno, but just help me out if you can, email me for that matter at [email protected]. Thanks!!

·
S12 Fanatic
211 Posts
While you're at it replace the battery terminals. I had to do that to my wife's 92 XE after it went totally dead on me in a parking lot. All of a sudden, no juice in the entire car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same problem with my 90 sentra but it was just battery terminals I hit the top of the battery termanils and it worked :)

·
S12 Fanatic
211 Posts
Yeah, it must be a chronic thing with Sentras, the first time it happened I just took the terminals off and reconnected them and it worked fine. Later I got fed up and replaced them altogether.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, I just went out side at about 1 or so, and I cleaned my terminals and now everything is working just fine. Thanks again!!

·
S12 Fanatic
211 Posts
Keep an eye on the alternator, too. I've had to replace alternators on both my Nissans. The wife's Sentra was a snap, but my V6 S12 200SX (RWD) was a little more challenging since the alternator is only accessible from underneath.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts