Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend recently bought Nology Hotwires for his Sentra and has been having problems with it. Whenever he floors his pedal, the car chugs like it's not getting enough gas or something, almost like when you first learned how to drive stick and couldn't control the clutch and gas causing the car to buck from fast to slow real quick. What could be the problem with his car? We're positive his wires were put on correctly, I doubt it requires the help of a professional mechanic; switch wires correctly, attach to a ground, the end. Then again in the Nology box there were 5 sets of wires, 4 were the red spark plug wires he ordered, and there was this 1 black one that we had no clue was for and wasn't mentioned in the instructions as well so we just ignored it. We talked to some nobody mechanic about this and he suggested we check our timing. I'm really interested in knowing whether the wires work or are just for looks but its impossible when he can't even accelerate as fast as he can. Then again 170 bucks for wires for the 1-2hp and ft/lbs of torque they supposedly give hardly sounds like a reasonable investment. Please help, thanks in advance.

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,326 Posts
hmmm check the spark plugs and make sure they are gapped correctly still? maybe they would have to be gapped differently to compensate for the larger wires? i dunno

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
His spark plugs are gapped correctly according to specs, and he's back on his stock wires and it works just fine. Of course its just a waste to have the Nology wires sitting there so a way to fix this problem would make the 170 more worthwhile, can't just go buy Magnecors or NGK's now. Also, hesitation is hardly the word to describe it, it seriously chugs as if you were stepping flooring it then letting go then flooring it then letting go. Forgot to mention though that it works fine as long as he doesn't he's not flooring it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This quote is from Nology's website:

Question:
Do I have to change ignition timing after installing HotWires, and if yes, why?

Answer:
Yes, some engines need less timing advance. Mostly engines with a large cylinder bore diameter, or inefficient combustion chambers. This is the direct result of much faster and improved combustion.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently installed the hotwires from nology. Everything works great with a little modifying. The aluminum braket that the coil packs mount on have been updated, I called the tech guy there, he said he would send me the updated version. So if the mounting hole between #1 & #2 coil packs doesnt line up, just call nologies tech department. They are really cool guys.
I had to use some tie straps around the boots to get them really secure.
Overall, My starting problem is gone, better idle, smoother running, pulls stronger on top where the QR 25 falls off, but i noticed more when I ditched the Balance shafts.
I took my car to the drags that night, I cut consistant 600 lights, 14.6's consistantly. My time slips before were, 14.9 and 15.0.
My mods:Nismo CA intake, header wout/cat, jwt kit, knock s. relocated, poly engine mounts,nology hotwires, TrueFLow Filter, 03 transmission, act stage 2, JWT flywheel, bored throttle body, extrude honed manifold, Stock down pipe for diam, better mid, HKS Canister.
JIC coil overs, nismo sways R-tune.
Racing Hart C3's 18" 225/40/18 :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts