Nissan Forum banner

Problems with 2000 frontier

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bassinbc 
#1 ·
My security system won't shut off. My remote hasn't worked for awhile. The funny thing is I open the door this morning and nothing happen, but when I open the door this afternoon the alarm went off. I tried starting the car to see if that would shut the alarm off, but my car wouldn't start. I thought the battery might be bad so I try to jump the car and nothing happen. I'm wondering if the alarm has some kind of kill switch I need to reset. You would think by using my own key I would be able to disable my alarm. After awhile the alarm shuts off, but as soon as I open the door it comes back on. I would appreciate any insight one might have.

Thanks,
Cory

#2 ·
cspoonmore said:
My security system won't shut off. My remote hasn't worked for awhile. The funny thing is I open the door this morning and nothing happen, but when I open the door this afternoon the alarm went off. I tried starting the car to see if that would shut the alarm off, but my car wouldn't start. I thought the battery might be bad so I try to jump the car and nothing happen. I'm wondering if the alarm has some kind of kill switch I need to reset. You would think by using my own key I would be able to disable my alarm. After awhile the alarm shuts off, but as soon as I open the door it comes back on. I would appreciate any insight one might have.

Thanks,
Cory
Probably a bad door switch on the lock cylinder. Either get a remote and progmram it or fitx the door switch.

#3 ·
I fix the problem. I had to reset the alarm by locking and then unlocking the door. I did not try that before, thought if I started the vehicle with my key it would shut off. So the easy solution was one I should have tried at first lock then unlock my door.

#4 ·
cspoonmore said:
I fix the problem. I had to reset the alarm by locking and then unlocking the door. I did not try that before, thought if I started the vehicle with my key it would shut off. So the easy solution was one I should have tried at first lock then unlock my door.
Try opening the trunk when the alarm goes off. This should disarm it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.