Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 Sentra.

I need to replace the rubber O rings that seal off the spark plug tubes. I removed the valve cover and there is an orange plastic piece on the underside that holds the O rings in place, I could not get this piece off, it's as if it was glued in place, any ideas on how to remove this piece without destroying it?

Thanks,
Joel

·
Registered
10 Posts
rock4016 said:
I have a 97 Sentra.

I need to replace the rubber O rings that seal off the spark plug tubes. I removed the valve cover and there is an orange plastic piece on the underside that holds the O rings in place, I could not get this piece off, it's as if it was glued in place, any ideas on how to remove this piece without destroying it?

Thanks,
Joel
I have a 93 and a 96. If the 97 is the same as the 96 then you are out of luck. If your valve cover leaks by the spark plug you will have to replace the valve cover and that runs about 100 buck. Be carfull, when installing the cover you dont wnat to pinch the seals or have them roll
On the eailer models the o-rings are replaceable. The dealer in my area help me out with this since the valve cover tend to leak around the the corners. I could undertsand Why I kept getting differnt part number for the valve cover gasket. Both car have identical engines. I had to replace both gasket in my cars. no leaks with a nice bead of RTV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts