Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
problem with odb II reset

Ok, so I posted on here awhile ago inquiring about a code P0031 for an oxygen sensor. So I replace the sensor in question, and I reset the computer with an ODB II. 20 minutes later, I'm driving, and the light comes back on, with the same exact code. I know I didn't get a new O2 sensor with a bad heater circuit, so is there something else I'm doing wrong?

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
No, you're not doing anything wrong, the code wasn't for the oxygen sensor.

There is possibly a leak in your exhaust somewhere or another problem, but if the O2 sensor was new and it still threw a code, the o2 sensor isn't hte problem.....or you replaced the wrong sensor.

btw, it's OBD, not omd ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
chimmike said:
No, you're not doing anything wrong, the code wasn't for the oxygen sensor.

There is possibly a leak in your exhaust somewhere or another problem, but if the O2 sensor was new and it still threw a code, the o2 sensor isn't hte problem.....or you replaced the wrong sensor.

btw, it's OBD, not omd ;)
Well I'm absolutely positive I replaced the correct sensor, there's no doubt about that. The code thrown out specifically said

P0031
H02S Bank 1 Sen 1
Heater Circuit
Low

If it wasn't the heater circuit on the oxygen sensor, what the hell else could it be? I've read in various places it could be the fuel pressure regulator or the mass air-flow sensor. What do you think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts