Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like stated........started all of a sudden, when driving, my speedo lights, gas, temp, and heating control lights just shut off for about 3 minutes, then come back on. My other lights work though like my bright light indicator (blue symbol above the speedo) :). I thought maybe something is loose, but when I was sitting at a stop light, they shut off again, then came back on a couple of minutes later hmmm. This kind of sucks, could it be a fuse going, or relay??

·
Nissan SE-R Owner
373 Posts
it happens, its a "shitbox" as the sport compact put it. move the light control to the right when it happens or wiggle it back and forth and they will turn back on. not much u can do about it. just wiggle that control with the spinner back and forth and ull be in buisness.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Its your dimmer switch. They are known to go out, and sometime short causeing the lights to go out, until you hit the dash...lol, or move the switch. Just go buy a new switch if it bothers you so bad.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea the only time it really bothers me is at night, and I'm driving, then they just go out, and I cant see how fast I'm going, lol. I will pick one up, thanks :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
nd4spd said:
yea the only time it really bothers me is at night, and I'm driving, then they just go out, and I cant see how fast I'm going, lol. I will pick one up, thanks :)
I have the same problem, and I don't think we're alone. I find that it stays on if I don't have it all the way up. If I turn it all the way in the clockwise direction, and then turn it counter clockwise just a 1/8 of an inch they "USUALLY" stay on.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahhh sob, anyone know a website I can order this from, since my nearest nissan dealer is 100 miles away, and my local parts store cannot get these in :(.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Happened twice since i bought a B14 as my winter beater.

1st time i touched teh dimmer switch it came back. Second time i just hit the steering wheel hard and the lights came back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts