Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Former B13 owner...
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... here's the situation... last night I tried to start up my car, but it wouldn't start... the dash lights and everything would turn on, starter turned also... but the car wouldn't start. So I took the battery to Pep Boys this morning... had the battery tested... then was told the battery was bad and needed to be replaced. So I bought a new battery... put it into the car... but the car still wouldn't start :(.... the same thing happened as before, dash lights turned on, starter turned... but the car didn't start. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Feedback on this issue would be much appriciated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
a new battery and the starter is turning over... the new battery would probably cancel out the alternator being a problem... there really aren't many other things that could be the problem besides maybe the ignition-

·
Registered
23 Posts
same thing

the same thing happens to me i changed my starter twice and replaced the battery and it still happens once and a while.. i even replaced my clutch switch .....i still have to turn my key a few times before the car starts...still confused... some one please help our unfortunate souls

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having a similar problem right now with my 91 se-r. First thing you need to do is check to see if you are getting a spark then check to see if you are getting fuel. If these check out okay then check the fuses in your engine bay, next check the engine ground, and finally test your compression. If the compression is bad then you have another problem. Check all of the above things I mentioned. One of these should at least diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
not to sound like an idiot but where is the engine ground located on a 91 se-r
First of all don't worry about sounding like an idiot. These forums are here to ask questions and learn.

Second, I shouldn't have said "engine" ground in my last post. There are a ton of grounds in the engine bay that could be causing the problem. In my opinion the two most obvious ones would probably be the one on the tranny and the one on the intake manifold. Alot of grounds would at least allow the car to start, but it would just run horribly. There are a few that if corroded or disconnected would prevent the car from starting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts