Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My service engine light came on again, after going away the last time and I don't even know how. It's the same problem again though. I have the 2.0 SR20DE engine in my 98 Sentra SE.

p0325
Knock sensor 1 of 2 simulator

What does this do in my car, and what usually causes it. It's $169 to fix, and they said it had something to do with my fuel ratio, but they weren't sure. I have no clues about it, but $169 for a sensor sucks.

Do you guys know anything about these?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The knock sensor is piezoelectric contact microphone attached to the cylinder block. It responds to knocking vibration from the engine as a voltage sent to the computer.

The fault code P0325 is due to a bad connection to the sensor or a faulty sensor.

To check the connection, loosen and tighten the engine ground connectors on the intake manifold. This corrects a bad ground due to corrosion. Also disconnect and reconnect the cable to the sensor, in case it has a bad contact. If a bad contact is the problem which you have cured, the check engine light will go off after three driving cycles (cold start and run until the engine is warm).

You can check the sensor by removing the connector and measuring the resistance across the two contacts to the sensor. It should be 500-620 kohms at room temperature. If the measurement is outside this range, the sensor is defective.

Lew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts