Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went back home and a buddy and I installed the springs and the car looks great. So we ended up going to 3 alignment places before anyone would do it. Everyone was like the car is too low and when doing the alignment the front was too low and the beam shot across the front would not go from head to head. Anyway the last place I was actually watchiong them bring the car in and they were like nope the car is too low we cant bring it up on the ramp. What? Because of the side sills they will hit. anyway I got them to try angain and let me go into the shop and watch and it went up the ramp so they were able to actually align it. So I was just wondering if anyone has had problems getting it aligned with the springs.

Tim

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nope! Not me...
Sears took care of me quite nicely!
As a matter of fact, they will give you
free unlimited re-alignments during the first
6 months of your initial alignment. I've
already been back once due to the car
"settling." Oh, btw...no probs with getting
it on the rack, and I have Sportlines. :cool:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant imagine mine with sportlines. It would be slammed.:rolleyes: I'll post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had a 72 firebird they couldn't get on a rack. There are shops that have new racks that will take any car. Find a alignment shop that's connected with a body shop.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I have 2 other cars co i could drive them which i plan to if the roads suck.

G

·
i went to a shop to get an alignment and when i got it back my steering wheel was crooked. so i took it back and they tried again. they told me, that because i dropped my car the alignment changed. and to fix the alignment the steering wheel. i think they are full of crap so im gonna pay for nissan to do it during my next oil change.

·
Registered
271 Posts
totalycrazy said:
i went to a shop to get an alignment and when i got it back my steering wheel was crooked. so i took it back and they tried again. they told me, that because i dropped my car the alignment changed. and to fix the alignment the steering wheel. i think they are full of crap so im gonna pay for nissan to do it during my next oil change.
They are full of crap. Centering your steering wheel is part of aligning your car. You mean lowered your car? Yes that could change the alignment. but they can center the steering wheel if they know what there doing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts