Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 Se-R
81,830 miles

for $6139, I could drive home with it..

here is the only pictures I have of it..

The clutch seems to be rough when it is used... the clutch though sticks... so I was told it just needed some grease... anyone have any information about that.. it's mid-depressing of the clutch when it seems to be rough.. almost squeek but not really squeeking... hard to discribe I guess...

Anyhow.. whatcha think???!?!?

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Yeah, buy it. You will be glad you did.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
clutch........

just letting you know that unfortunately, greasing the cable is not going to do it, you would be better off with new cable, and also perhaps do it with the performance clutch, also try to spray some lubricant on the clutch pedal linkages and hinges, don't use wd-40 though, it is petroleum based, use silicone, but nothing with petrol........

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HELL YEAH!

Buy that thing! I gave $5k for my 96 SE-R w/ almost 150K miles on it. And, it's been worth every penny I spent.

·
Registered
490 Posts
hmm

I paid 5k for my se in mint cond, with every single option it could have. It had 60 thousand miles, and one previous owner. No wrecks, needed a clutch and a/c high side hose (total of about $150 parts, did labor myself, but even if I paid someone to do it it wouldn't have costed more than 500-600 for everything.) So, I consider that I got mine for $5.5k... However, I have the nimble little 1.6l. I really couldn't be happier. I would rather have fun and enjoy myself than race. I get more enjoyment out of breaking all 4 tires loose around some mountain roads than racing in a straight line. I don't need an se-r to get what I want out of my car :) to each his own I suppose.

Good luck with your 200sx!

·
Registered
490 Posts
p.s.

I did buy mine from a dealer. It was a "pr sale" (public relations sale). They promised me a car would be there, then sold it out from under me. I was pissed. They originally wanted $9.5k for it, but I knew the girl that had it before she traded it in and found out she got 4900 on her trade in. I paid 5k OUT THE DOOR, it was like $4395 or something before tax tag and title. Therefore, theoretically I ripped off a dealer. However, I DID pay about $700 for a 4 year 48k mile warranty, so maybe they will make 'some' money back...

·
Registered
490 Posts
p.p.s

After replacing the clutch I replaced the clutch cable. It's easy, EXCEPT that there is cruise control bullshit that my haynes manual didnt talk about. The bolts go through the fender, you have to pull back the plastic shit behind the tire to get to the back of the bolts. Be prepared to have to twist like a monkey to get it out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts