Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here watching this address and the subject of Iraq, it's connection with terrorism, it's nuculeur capabilities, their brutal tactics and threat to the US and why we shouldn't wait to comfront them. I don't want to die in some desert war agianst a man we could certainly assassinate at any given moment given the right power, but I don't want to die at my dinner table from some bomb, or watch my family and girlfriend dying from radiation poisining. I'm no punk but is there no easier way. Crap, at 18 I've accomplished ownership of two companies, I worked in four to five different job areas, and I have a number of accomplishments, and a world of time to create others, unless I'm killed but the stupid bullet of some terrorist nations soldier. Heh maybe my heart will keep me safe, it's not so great and likes to give me trouble, what do you guys think about all this?

·
Registered
249 Posts
fcsmotorsports said:
I think your president and his cronies are using the "threat" of Iraq to make wheelbarow loads of cash on the defence companies they have shares in.

Come to Canada if they bring back the draft (not that they will).
I agree with that. And I will come to Canada if the draft takes place! I'm sorry if that offends anyone- I will protect my house and my hometown in case of an unlikely land invasion, but I am not giving up my life for the sake of the president no one i know voted for.
As far as hussein goes let me just say that there are dicatators in the world who do much much worse things to their people and way more corrupted. But they cooperate with the US so you hear nothing about them(read up on Togo and some other African countries if you want to pursue that further).
Yes he is evil and he has nuclear weapons and he doesn't cooperate with UN- but I doubt it's likely those things Omega described would come from him...

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
omega said:
we could certainly assassinate at any given moment given the right power
We could do that, but it would be highly illegal. There is some law that i heard about while i was watching the history channel quite a while ago about assasinations. You can't assasinate heads of state. Otherwise, Castro would be dead by now I'm sure.. as well as tons of other people, and most likely a couple of our presidents.

·
Registered
249 Posts
history channel rocks!

yeah there's a law like that...hmm..if i could remember all about it- we had like 2 lectures on it last semester in this class I took...hmmm fuuuck- why can't i remember anything about it...

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
fcsmotorsports said:
I think your president and his cronies are using the "threat" of Iraq to make wheelbarow loads of cash on the defence companies they have shares in.

Come to Canada if they bring back the draft (not that they will).
And you have proof of this? I don't get why everyone thinks we're just in it for the money. No one thinks Sadam Hussein is a terrorist or a supporter or terrorists yet he's the one who will pay any Palestinian suicide bomber money to kill Jews... Is that not supporting terrorism yes or no? Or does it have to be against an American for it to matter? The months after the Gulf war ended Sadam Hussein uses VX gas and other nerve agents to literally destroy those who were attempting to remove him from power, that is why we have the no fly zones established over Iraq (our mistake initially was allowing them to use their helicopters and planes after the war in order to help rebuild their country but Sadam lied and used it to launch chemical weapons against those ppl). That is historical fact, proven and documented is history.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
The only reason Bush is going after Saddam is so that he can assure America its large supply of oil. Bush doesn't give two shits about the environment and he needs all that oil to support the large industry which is lining his pockets. That's why he doesn't go after Castro or any of those fucked-up African dictators. It's all about the oil, why do you think the other Bush helped out Kuwait in the Gulf War?? It's the oil, all about the oil. Fucking sad but true. :(

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
RiceBox said:
The only reason Bush is going after Saddam is so that he can assure America its large supply of oil. Bush doesn't give two shits about the environment and he needs all that oil to support the large industry which is lining his pockets. That's why he doesn't go after Castro or any of those fucked-up African dictators. It's all about the oil, why do you think the other Bush helped out Kuwait in the Gulf War?? It's the oil, all about the oil. Fucking sad but true. :(
That is so true... There's no proof of it and he'll never admit it but hey I'm not arguing. I drive a gasoline powered vehicle just like you.

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
Originally posted by James
And you have proof of this?
No, no real proof, but food for thought (remember, I said "I think your president...").

George W's old man works for The Carlyle group. This company invests in other companies. Much of what they own is defence contracting (making their collective holdings 11th largest defence supplier for the US). When the US gov't comes looking for new guns and planes, where do you think they go?

VP Dick Cheney was CEO of Haliburton Oil. The Taliban prevented US oil interests from building a pipeline through Afganistan. Afganistan got bombed and a new gov' was installed. The new leader in Afganistan once worked for UNOCAL, who wanted to have a pipeline built in the first place. Haliburton is in the business of building pipelines. Osama is still at large.

There is so much money in oil, guns and other goverment interests in the Bush cabinet, it's absurd. Something has to be done to prevent these conflicts from arising.

I don't get why everyone thinks we're just in it for the money.
I'm not bashing Americans, I'm pointing out the conflict of interests that exists at the executive level of gov't. THEY are in it for the $.

No one thinks Sadam Hussein is a terrorist or a supporter or terrorists yet he's the one who will pay any Palestinian suicide bomber money to kill Jews... Is that not supporting terrorism yes or no? Or does it have to be against an American for it to matter? The months after the Gulf war ended Sadam Hussein uses VX gas and other nerve agents to literally destroy those who were attempting to remove him from power, that is why we have the no fly zones established over Iraq (our mistake initially was allowing them to use their helicopters and planes after the war in order to help rebuild their country but Sadam lied and used it to launch chemical weapons against those ppl). That is historical fact, proven and documented is history.
I have no illusion as to Saddam's intention's and hatred for the US and others. I'm sceptical though as to his abilities to make good on his threats and as to the means by which Bush is using to solve the problem. Bush seems to be a shoot first, ask questions later kind of Pres. (which helps make daddy's company richer). If the US gov't really considered Saddam to be a threat, they'd have gotten rid of him over ten years ago when there were M1s charging through Mesopotamia and bombs dropping through windows. He could live happily in exile on some tropical island and the US could have installed somebody from Chevron to run the country. A missed opportunity. It shouldn't have shocked anyone that Saddam lied and used the few resources he had to consolidate power over the frontier areas of his country.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know there is a law regarding assassanation but I suppose morality has nothing to do with it? Laws are theoretically made by innocent men to protect innocent men, not the opposite.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
They don't have to kill him personally, that's what money is for.

·
Registered
346 Posts
yo

Dont get me wrong I think Sadam is a threat not only to the US but to the world but I think we should be taking care of our problems here, like wiping out this psycho that is out shooting innocent people for no reason. We should take care of our problems here first before trying to police somewhere else. I love the US and all the freedoms we have but sometimes we cant even take care of our own problems here and there we go somewhere else getting involved.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts