Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as i want to spill the info now i will wait to surprise you.
in a couple more hours I will have a ver important piece of Information for all GA16i Owners.

Save $165 cause itll be well worth it :)

there will be pics up aswell as all the info needed.

·
Registered
672 Posts
damn i wanna know and i have a b14! what could this be?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok its almost there .... just have to go pick it up from the shop...
i got a digi so i will do the install today and all after my job interview then sock it to yall

i realy want to tell but i want to beable to give you everything i can information wise about it./

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Hey Josh, I kept refreshing my IE just to see if you have posted it or not. I cant wait to see this good news!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fuc* im pissed lol cause i wanted to have pics for you all and a whole project list on it but oh well here goes.....

You can now get a CAI for your b12 Ga16i engine ... the only thing you will need to do is get or make the adapter for it.. since its a 3" OD and the coupler on the intake is a 2.25" ID

tomarow is the day i will try and make the damn adapter plate.

man i was cussing up a storm plus we have like 4 stupid hoses going to the intake box ... but those dont really do much anyways so two of them can be put on breather filters.

the intake is for a 97/98 honda civic DX and has the 90 degree turn. it will fit just under the strut bar thank God. its $165

i might aswell take pics tonight of the parts.... but its not that hard of a job considering I figured all that was going wrong.

i kinda attached it with one adapter rubber piece and it sounded so bad ass but constint motion it owuldnt stay on so i didnt take it anywhere

just need to work the bugs out tomarow b4 1pm

i hope its as exciting to you as it is to me. btw it lookes bad ass
and arospeed makes it. comes in red kit, blue kit, and yellow kit and i think black kit too

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Can't wait to see the final result. Great job Josh!!! Dont forget the pics and details.

·
Registered
110 Posts
what else do you have planned for your b12 because on your website you have new pics in ever month june and july. Are you going to redo the entire car

·
Registered
501 Posts
^^^ takes offense to that....

lol jk

cant wait to see it all hooked up

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok plan A (build an adapter today) didnt work to well ... its the right idea not the corect time put into it though... i really want to do this right so im going to take my time and think it through i have some more pics coming too.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

give some of yall somthing to chew on as I make my progress..

i need to make a mold for it then fit a perfect adapter on.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok i sat outside and positions the damn tube a million times to get the best results... now if i took my a/c out i could probly get it in a cool place but i really dont want too... i finaly got it wrapped on the drivers side engine bay useing Mervics elbow idea peice and then dropping the other piece down to the bottom of the bay.. only one thing the tubing is so damn long
on the second run so i will have to cut 6"s off

oh well itll fit perfect tomarow with minumal extra cost and labor.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think your idea is cool but if you see in e series engine threats i posted something called cold air intakes.
The number one mistake you did was buying one for a civic you should of bought one for a focus since the tranny for the focus is on the driver side not the passenger like the civic.
What else are you planning to do to your ride dropped89

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
true the tranny did get in the way of some positions but its all sqaured away now... one worry though with any CAI owner... water and dirt .... i have it right above the splash gaurd so i think it should be ok but you know things happen... also i want to eventually get the flat front mount intake piece that holds the filter so when i put my kimnary front end on i can put it in the front like an intercooler.

there is lots of new things i will be doing to the b12 its getting completly redone.

euro cam is next, then im finishing the body work.... i wont paint it till im done with everything else though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts