Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, i have something that you will all say im crazy or something...

I have a double preforated core muffler, and like.. it sounds Bad ass.. i wont lie

I had silencers with it.. they were like a package deal.. well, i never used them..

well.. along with my exhaust, i lost torque.. and i lost power.. gained sound..

I put the silencers in, and man...... all my torque, and HP, and slowness went away.. i think the silencers like. make backpressure, and it helps out ALOT... no joke.. i can take off like 4 times faster than I used too.. plus its actually almost as quiet as stock.. except the headers prevent that....

So anyone who looses power from a muffler like i did.. throw your silencer on it!

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well. a muffler shop built cat back.. with a twin canister preforated core muffler... 2.5"... never let your muffler shop suggest pipe size for you, and MAKE SURE THEY LISTEN TO YOU... i dont know what kinda muffler it is.. i got it from RSversion.com

D

·
0 Posts
Your getting power because the piping is 1/2 inch too big. The silencers work as smaller piping basically. At least if you go turbo you can keep your current exhaust.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
get that piping back to 2", follow the project turbo and Kojima's advice on exhuast. get a stromung and avoid the pep-boy apc mufflers. Getto sounding honda sound.
CD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts