Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody care to share some opinions?

I've read that Mike Kojima hates Bosch platinum plugs, and I wonder if that only applies to modified engines. I do agree that the multiple-electrode plugs are a gimmick, but I've had good luck with the regular Bosch platinums. I put 46,000 miles on a set, then changed them (before I traced the reason for a disabled cylinder to a bad wire), and the plugs I extracted looked great: none of the pitting around the electrode Kojima described or anything else. Therefore I had no hesitation about replacing them with the same Bosch platiunums.

Now, the wire that went out was a Bosch wire (also with 46K on it). I swapped that one with the original equipment wire, and come next paycheck I intend to get a whole new set. I have yet to decide what kind of wires to get. I can get the same Bosch metal-conductor silicone-clad wires as before for under $50, which seems reasonable--but the NGKs are almost twice as much.

Which makes me wonder if the NGKs (let alone Vitek [sp?] or Crane) wires are worth it.

Does anybody with some experience on this care to clue me in?

Thanks in advance for your help.
:cool:

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
It seems like most guys put OEM stuff in, OEM wires, cap, rotor. NGK plugs. I hear a lot about nology but they cost an arm and a leg, and I won't spend that kind of money unless I've put in a MSD ignition first.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I would go with some oem wires or magnecor wires, both work great. But magnecors sure look purty... :D

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have tried the bosch +4's and it felt alittle more peppy at first but seemed they didn't last as long as the ngk's..I know they say they are good for like 50k but the were burnt up in 12k and the ngks seems to last longer and provide that fresh plug pep longer as well..I know i'll never waste the extra money for them again..
I heard that the ngk platinums last longer than the bosch and are slitly cheaper..has anyone tried those denso plugs?..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts