Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on installing a turbo on my 200sx ser and I would like information or input on which motor I should go with, The gti-r motor or a bluebird, your input will be appreciated.

Thanx,
Jason

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GTiR is a superior motor....however finding spare parts and what not for this motor will be MUCH more difficult and not as common. IMHO get a BB, then if you wanna upgrade it, just do so.

Kyle

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both are great motors. The BB will make over 250whp with a Profec B, JWT ECU, and Cobra MAF at around 15lbs of boost. The same setup on a GTi-R will make in excess of 280whp at around 18lbs of boost. Plus the GTi-R is a hell of a lot cooler to look at, what with the 4 individual throttle bodies an all!!! :D

Thrillseeker is right about the parts for the GTi-R. The water pump, oil pump, piston pin bushings, main and rod bearings, exhaust valves, exhaust valve guides and seals, rocker arms, valve spring shims, valve lash shims, entire intake, turbo.... etc.... all of these parts are unique to the GTi-R. Gasket sets were just (very recently) put back into production. The water pumps are damn near impossible to get ahold of.

Keep this in mind. I know people that have been waiting for over 6 months for a water pump. The BB shares all of these parts with the US SR20de... with the exception of the headgasket.

Both motors are great, as I said, but the BB is much easier to maintain as a daily driver. Believe me, I have a GTi-R in my '91.

PM me if you want more information.

Nick

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for all your info but if i planed on just putting a turbo on my sr20de would i need internals or would it be ok for me to just use my stock block A man by the name of travis Burelle will be doin the work if that makes any difference but let me know what any of you think about just slaping a turbo on my motor

Thanx,
Jason

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can certainly boost your stock motor... just be careful no to boost it too much.

We have two cars that are boosted... both stock motors, both still running strong at around 8lbs.

The trick is in the tuning. Talk to JWT for the ECU mods. Use purple top injectors (z32 300zxTT-- 91-96).

If you want to run big boost then you will need to get into the motor to update a few parts, specificially the pistons and rods.

hope this helps,
nick

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
these are the mods i plan on using in my sr20 with stock pistons and rod if you could give me info on if im crazy or what.

garret ballistics T3/04e
custom manifold
3"downpipe
3"exaust
hks bov
sperco intercooler
piping
jwt ecu
50lb injectors
cobra maf
maf plug
255lph fuel pump
jgy fuel rail
k&N filter
14 psi
325whp on pump gas

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
look at the sport compact issue with the 400 HP club. There is a nissan 200sx SER with a GTI-R engine in there I believe that makes 472 or 474 HP. Great article. I still have it around here somewhere, PM me if you want to know the month and year.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Killase-r said:
these are the mods i plan on using in my sr20 with stock pistons and rod if you could give me info on if im crazy or what.

garret ballistics T3/04e
custom manifold
3"downpipe
3"exaust
hks bov
sperco intercooler
piping
jwt ecu
50lb injectors
cobra maf
maf plug
255lph fuel pump
jgy fuel rail
k&N filter
14 psi
325whp on pump gas
if youre planning on running that much boost(14psi) i would strongly urge you to get low compression pistons.and as hih\gh of an octane gas as you can find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts