Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my driver side window on my '03 Pathfinder. When I roll it down, everything goes fine, but when I roll it up (Automatically or holding up the button), when the window reaches the top, it rolls back down 1/3rd of the way on its own. If I hold up on the window up button for 30-45 seconds, it will stay up, but if not, it just rolls back down the 1/3rd every time. I fixed this once, but I dont remember what I did. HELP!!! IT'S COLD!!!:) :newbie:

·
Nissan Technician
118 Posts
You need to relearn the auto-up. Try holding full down 3-5 seconds once the window is all the way down, then reversing and holding full up 3-5 secs once it's all the way up. Or vice-versa, I can never remember. If that won't work (try it a few times) you'll need to pull the inner door panel. There will be a small hole near the window motor, and you'll see a little button. Push it down while rolling the window from full down to full up, then test to make sure it worked. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you also may want to check if your window is out of aligment, that could cause your auto function to release the action going up and lower the window back down.
The auto option on some windows has a release switch as a precaution going up that will activate when there's to much presure or something, like your arm between the glass and the top of the window opening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts