Nissan Forum banner

Power to faceplate, anything under 12v on cars electric system turns off cd plyr.

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  captain_shrapnel 
#1 ·
Hi,
On my 300zx, I have a kenwood faceplate, well, if I put it over 20 volume, it faceplate will "turn off" unless EVERYTHING is off inside the car, as in ac, lights, rear defroster, and any other electrical stuff, the "max" volume is 32 i think, when it is at 20, it sounds awesome, but I can NEVER get away with 21-22 or anything or it'll just turn off. I need more "power" to the faceplate so it stops turning off!!! Its SO annoying and a MAJOR downside when I try to sell the car soon.
Lemme inform you, I only have 4 speakers, and the faceplate, no amps or subs, and dont say buy an AMP, because im selling the car and am trying to get away from spending and modding it anymore as it is right now.
Thanks alot.

#5 ·
ok also the head unit is a "little" crick'ed, should I take it back where they installed it and show them the head unit turning off problem and the cricked headunit? Thanks, how much would it cost if they did charge me anywyas?

#6 ·
I 2nd that. Check the wiring first, then be suspicious of defective kenwood merchandise next. I would take it back, if it has been within a reasonable amount of time, and have the installer look at it. If you can't do that, let us know and we'll give you a list of things to check out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.