Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yah this one is pretty dumb ...
I was putting the maf adapter on my car this morning and eventually i was gonna put a cone filter on it. so as I was putting it in with a bracket to hold it nicely in place I managed to hit my torque wrench on the positive battery terminal... long story short there were lots of sparks ... so I stoped working instantly and hopped into my car to make sure everything was ok and nothing ...no acc , no clicking start , no door open beeping ...
So this having ruined my morning , I started working on the no power issue ... I hooked my car up to my parents' mini van to boost the battery and the car starts REALLY slowly but stays on ok until I take off the jumper cable clamps ... then it dies completely ... I checked all of the fuses and relays and even went as far as to go to walmart and pick up a cheap battery to drop it in incase the battery was toast ... the wires look ok to me , like no melting thats really visable ...
anyone have any idea ? I was thinking about a ground problem but I am not sure where to start on that problem ...

· Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well I only visually checked some of the fuese cause (I love good irony) the battery in my multimeter died while I was checking em .. lol
Um yah I just went outside to check the fuseable link but I couldnt manage to get it out in time ... I am late for work as it is ... if it is that how much am I looking ? could I get one from a junk yard or should I just buy new?

· Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well the car got towed this afternoon to the local Nissan dealership ... 27 bucks later I was in the service office describing how I managed to do this and have the mechanics smirk ... lovely ... just thought I would keep u guys up to date on it ... I should hear from them tomorrow morning

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.