Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
6,855 Posts
so you checked all the fuses like i said right? ok, you could try a new ground. build a new ground by buying a peice of powercable from home depot and a ring terminal to fit it. then go to walmart and buy a new battery terminal (i think they are like $5 and clamp on via wing nuts) now, connect your new temp ground to the battery and place the ring terminal on the first grounding point from the old negative cable (should be right behind the battery around where my home made bracket will go) place the ring terminal under the existing ground and try it out.

...........i really should have helped you lol. (*cough* never work on a car barefoot, drunk, or with the battery still in ;) )
ill see if we cant get together this week and try to fix it. and ill get the stuff for a ground. i cant drve my car either...the left front axel is making some knarly noises

· Banned
6,855 Posts
where is that? im guessing its the main fuse and it isnt in the fuse boxes?

· Banned
6,855 Posts
so its safe to say that if you traced the positive cable back you would run into it correct? this makes sence, thanks alot. i would think this would be the problem, but im not sure if he has checked this yet (and if he has i doubt he knows lol) il check in with him tomarrow.

· Banned
6,855 Posts
well thats the first thing i told him to do was to check each and every fuse he could find.........even if he didnt think it had anything to do with power to the car. he may have possibly missed something or the fuse could have poped clean and he couldnt see that it was blown. dumb question here, ther arent anyother fuse boxes than the 2 on the battery tray and under the dash correct?

· Banned
6,855 Posts
it should simply be a fuse, fuses at radio shack are about $4 max. we'll see what we cant do..........im guessing this weekend i will be upto my eye balls in car lol.

· Banned
6,855 Posts
the tool bag had a bad battery, the ground was sucky..........if they had only listen to me instead of insisting they had tryed it allready, they would not have had to tow it. :thumbdwn: but its running like a champ now.

· Banned
6,855 Posts
myoung said:
This is a perfect example for others as to why you should always disconnect the battery before working on your car..
thankyou. i have the battery out of my car so much, i dont even bother with setting the time anymore. but what i think happend to him is he burned the last battery out, so he bought one of those CRAP ASS walmart batteries just to test with, and that one had a bad ground. if he had just put a battery from another car in, i think it would have saved him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.