Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best way to get rid of power steering? I could get the belt for the 1.6 without power steering, but then what about the pump? Could i just remove all the pump and crap and block off the hoses from the rack?

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Da91NX said:
what about the pump? Could i just remove all the pump and crap and block off the hoses from the rack?
What about it? Just leave it there unless you want to loose weight.

·
Registered
547 Posts
That's probably what he wants to do. I couldn't live w/o my power steering though. I'll probably take off my AC sometime though. I never use it in the first place. It just...sits there! Even when it gets around 100+ here in Oklahoma, I always just roll down my windows. What time isn't a good time to try and get a tan??

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have t-tops, so no AC needed. Unfortunatly i have problems with my power steering lines and would live to free up an extra horse or two. Do you guys think anything negative can happen from the pump not turning anymore.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Rip it all out. On the rack where the lines come out, just connect the two together. Then the fluid that is in the rack just recurculates in the rack. That's what I did and have had no problems.

·
Pastor of Muppets
153 Posts
The best way to do it would be to find a manual rack from an E model. Some had power steering, and some didn't. Mine doesn't have PS, and it seems to turn a little tighter than the ones with PS. I haven't counted the number of turns from lock to lock, but it just seems like it's less.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the manual steering has a worst turning ratio than the power. Maybe i will try that.

·
SLAVE TO THE GRIND
149 Posts
hey steve you wanna trade my power steering for your manual???

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wagon Wagon said:
On my 93 with manual steering, the wheel turns 4.5 rotations lock to lock.
It is exactly 3 with power steering going from lock to lock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts