Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will power steering pump pressure too high causing the power rack to leak?

my b11 running a GA16DS, the power steering rack keep on leaking, even the latest rack i change for only 2 months plus...it leaks again, on the joint where connect to the steering hub.

the power steering rack use is from B11, E15 engine, however the steering pump is for GA16DS engine...

do u guys think is the pressure that cause the rack to leak?

what solution should i take?

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
wath kind of oil did you use ? ... is shouldnt leak unless it was badly installed/torn the seal off...

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
you can tell if theres to much pressure, the steering will be very light taking little effort, and you'd hear the relief all the time prolly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if compare to previous with b11 pump, it's lighter to make a turn.....what kind of relief sound should i heard?

if it's really the over pressure issue, how to resolve it? will adding a cooler to lower the pressure help?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
malaysia_boy said:
if compare to previous with b11 pump, it's lighter to make a turn.....what kind of relief sound should i heard?

if it's really the over pressure issue, how to resolve it? will adding a cooler to lower the pressure help?

usually the relief will hiss or squel. depends on how worn out it is. i'm not sure how to lower the pressure except use a lower flow pump that won't have as much pressure through the system.....or use bigger fluid lines with the same connectors that might lower pressure a little bit.....but usually the pressure is determined by the gear box/rack.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
malaysia_boy said:
how about bigger or smaller pully?
thats true, i didn't think about that. if you lower the rpm on the pump then you'll lower the flow rate. only problem with that is to low and you might not get the pump lubricated properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts