Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here replaced their Power Steering Pressure Hose? Mine has sprung a leak and is squirting power steering fluid all over the manifold and elsewhere. I bought the hose already and went to replace it but was worried about 2 things. First, the line is under high pressure and I don't want to have it blow up in my face. Second the bolts connecting it are too tight for me to loosen without bending the metal line running from the pump.

Anyone have any experience with this? I have a 1993 Sentra SE-R.

Thanks,
Jason

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Power Steering hose

No, I haven't fixed it yet. I am going to buy an impact wrench and see if that works tomorrow. I'll let you know if I have any luck.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Attempted to replace

I attempted to replace the hose over the weekend after buying a large air compressor and impact wrench. I was surprised to find that even the impact wrench didn't have the power needed to loosen the bolts.

I'm too stubborn to go to a mechanic at this point but after I destroy my car trying to get it off I might take it in.

·
(_(_)===D ~~~`nissantuner
686 Posts
Yea if iwould have been patient instead of just going for the gold I might not have wasted so much time. For any of you guys having problems this is what you do for sure.

1. spray wd40 on the ball joint prior to
2. use only a impact wrench with lots of pressure
3. Dont buy a used ps line with a hole like I did make sure its in good shape.
4.If you think the metal return line will snap it probably will be carefull thats another 40-60 bucks depending where you get it at.
Lastly when putting it back on it has to be tight, there is a ton of psi going thru that line thats what makes ps work, and why it is so damn hard to get off in the first place.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The power steering hose connects the power steering pump to the cylinders that enables a vehicle to turn left and right easily. If you are changing hose you should cover your face with thin visible cloth that will somewhat protect your face from oil. To loose the bolt hydraulic pressure is applied to the tensioner which stretches the stud thereafter the stud's nut wound down against the joint face, pressure is released and the tool will be removed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts