Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lurkshark........
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a slight leak commong from the power steering lines that hook up to the res, sooo I thought I would replace them all. Well damn I can't find a cheap replacement for the big one it looks like 5/8ths and about 24 inches. I can get one from the dealer for $41.00 wich is bullshit. We (Advance Auto parts) don't carry a replacement either; in fact no auto parts retailers carry this hose, so it looks like I have to put the old one back on.

Sorry it's just that I am pissed and I needed to vent.

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
You could try to wrap the whole thing in that Nashua stretch tape... it runs for about $5.29 for a 5' x 3/4" roll withstands heat and cold... it'll bond to nothing but itself... However I'm not sure if it'll withstand the chemicals from the power steering fluid. I've seen people patching anything with that tape... radiator hoses, fuel lines on fuel injected cars.

·
Lurkshark........
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not that it has a hole or a crack in it. The hose is too stiff to tighten down. Napa has a multi-pourpose hose that can be used with all fluids I might try that it's only 1.99 a foot. This was suposed to be a simple job.

PeanutB13

1 - 3 of 3 Posts