Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the hp rating for the 4th gen maximas, and weren't the '99 maximas a little quicker due to a better exhaust system?

B

·
0 Posts
95-99s
all share the same hp 190hp 205tq

i think you're thinking about the 2000-2001s
the i30 and the ani edition maxima had different mufflers, that gave them ~5hp more. so instead of 222..they were suppose to be pushing 227. but ive seen dyno graphs that dont show any difference.

·
Registered
31 Posts
actually

i've heard that the 99 models are a little slower than the 95-98 cuz it's heavier...i forget what it had that made it heavier but..yeah...if u go on maxima.org then you should be able to find out

N

·
0 Posts
Although all 4th gens are rated 190hp, the '95 are a tad quicker because they are lighter. Also remember that a manual will put down more hp to the wheels than an auto.

·
Registered
80 Posts
thats extremely untrue i have a friend w/ 95 se with 97 motor with injen,stage 3 clutch and fidaniza flywheel,y pipe,test pipe,greddy exhaust,and safc and i have 99 se with injen only and i still pull him hard and steadily everytime....we both are 5 speed.....i also was reading something like this the other day and people agreed that the 99 ecu was the most identical to the 00-01 so maybe better fuel curve or what not

1 - 8 of 8 Posts