Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just purchased a pre-owned 2006 Frontier KC SE recently. And I just realized that the truck doesn't have the following convenient features such as Power locks, Alarm, power windows, mirrors and fog lights.

I am realistic and I know those features are in power package and the previous owner didn't choose to purchase it. Now, I went over to Best Buy couple days ago to inquire about the car alarm installation and also auto locks. These 2 features are really necessities to me.

I just picked up my truck today after dropping this morning for the alarm installation. The install guy told me that they couldn't install the power locks but was able to install the alarm system.

I think it's sort of ridiculous to have alarm system but no power locks. My question is, what are my options? Had anyone done this before? If so, what did you do? I haven't research the power windows and mirrors. And also fog lights. Please advice. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
315 Posts
Hi guys, I just purchased a pre-owned 2006 Frontier KC SE recently. And I just realized that the truck doesn't have the following convenient features such as Power locks, Alarm, power windows, mirrors and fog lights.

I am realistic and I know those features are in power package and the previous owner didn't choose to purchase it. Now, I went over to Best Buy couple days ago to inquire about the car alarm installation and also auto locks. These 2 features are really necessities to me.

I just picked up my truck today after dropping this morning for the alarm installation. The install guy told me that they couldn't install the power locks but was able to install the alarm system.

I think it's sort of ridiculous to have alarm system but no power locks. My question is, what are my options? Had anyone done this before? If so, what did you do? I haven't research the power windows and mirrors. And also fog lights. Please advice. Thanks in advance.
You can try an independent customizer who should be able to do the power door locks. Look in your local phone book under car or truck accessories. If you dont have the the factory harness in the doors for the power mirrors and windows, you may have to go aftermarket there too. The fog lights you can do either one of two ways, aftermarket or factory. The harness is there for the fog lights, but you will have to buy a new headlight stalk (control switch) which has the fog light switch built in. The fog light kit can be purchased from Courtesy Nissan of Texas. These guys have it in kit form. Just be sure to order the kit that will work with your bumper. One kit will be for the CHROMED bumper, the other kit will be for the PAINTED bumper. The factory kit is plug and play. No slicing and dicing the wiring. Its nice, but pricey. Alot of the guys here went aftermarket on the fog lights. You can get them on ebay. Look for previous threads that relate to aftermarket install and wiring of fog lights.

· Registered
2 Posts
Yes I ran into the same problem you did. Turns out the Nissan frontier uses cables now to go from the handle and lock to the main lock on the door. The problem is there is no place to attach a door actuator. Ebay sells cable plates which will allow you to splice into the cable to connect the actuator to lock and unlock the door. The cables i am referring to look like bicycle shifting cables. The older trucks use metal rods which makes it easy to attach a actuator. I ended finding a spot up by the handle and mounted the actuator behind the door panel where the power window switches would be. I install home security and with a little thought found a way. If you not willing to tackle it yourself I am sure you can find a shop around that knows how to do it. I would stay away from the splicing plates because you have to cut into the steel brading to get to the center cable. Maybe if I get a chance I will pop off the power window plate on the door panel and snap a photo for you. Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.