Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello community. First let me say thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post.

I have a 2018 Nissan Rogue SV 2.5L FWD.

Just this month, October 2021, my powered rear liftgate has been acting up; opening but not closing.

All methods of opening the gate DO work; interior dash button, key fob button, exterior liftgate button, AND exterior motion sensor. All methods will open the liftgate fully, NONE of the methods close the liftgate, including the interior liftgate mounted button.

The interior liftgate mounted button DOES beep twice when held for 3 seconds, (which tells me it's at least active) but nothing happens afterward.

So. For some qualifiers. • I live in Southern California & it hasn't rained for months. • I have reset the "extended storage" switch located in the driver's door fusebox: nothing. • I have disconnected & reconnected battery: nothing. • I have disassembled the driverside rear interior trim in the cargo area, exposing the power liftgate power module & disconnected & cleaned all wiring harness connections: nothing. • I have disconnected and cleaned the close button on the interior of the liftgate: nothing.

The vehicle WAS involved in a non vehicular collision which damaged the front bumper, both front quarter panels, radiator & all front suspension. No damage was done to the rear of the vehicle. This incident was in early September, I've had the vehicle back for about 3 weeks & the liftgate DID close when I got it back. When I contacted the repair facility, they said it was outside the scope of their warranty.

Ultimately, this is nothing more than an annoying inconvenience, but if you have any ideas or suggestions on repairing or even diagnosing the cause, it would be greatly appreciated.

Any questions or further information you'd need, I'd be happy to answer.

Thank you.

· Registered
3,827 Posts
Make sure the Main Switch on the dash is off when performing the held-button reset, I know of some instances where some codes in the ABD Controller won't clear if the Main Switch is on. Do it like this to be certain.
1) Main Switch off
2) Open and raise the hatch manually
3) Hold the button till you hear the beeps
4) Close the hatch manually and make sure it latches
5) Main Switch back on

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure the Main Switch on the dash is off when performing the held-button reset, I know of some instances where some codes in the ABD Controller won't clear if the Main Switch is on. Do it like this to be certain.
1) Main Switch off
2) Open and raise the hatch manually
3) Hold the button till you hear the beeps
4) Close the hatch manually and make sure it latches
5) Main Switch back on
The switch on the dash is a spring loaded button. There is no on/off position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.