Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 2014 Nissan Armada and the liftgate started needing a little assistance to work. Dash button, FOB remote and door handle all work fine, but the door only opens or closes if I give a little assistance for the first couple inches. I replaced the shocks but the issue continues. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
There's an issue with the gen1 Armada lifts where the lower ball-pivot for the lift arm gets loose. It can make the whole mechanism sticky before it eventually falls out and the hatch quits working. You need to pull back the lefthand luggage room trim and inspect the bottom pivot, one side is a ball and the other end threads in. If it isn't secure then tighten it and apply Loctite.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's an issue with the gen1 Armada lifts where the lower ball-pivot for the lift arm gets loose. It can make the whole mechanism sticky before it eventually falls out and the hatch quits working. You need to pull back the lefthand luggage room trim and inspect the bottom pivot, one side is a ball and the other end threads in. If it isn't secure then tighten it and apply Loctite.
Thanks for the response. I will do some research on how to remove the panel. Is it just to pry it out?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
No, it's pretty involved. It isn't necessary to remove the upper or lower trim, but just prying it outward without taking loose some of the stuff in the center won't leave you enough room to get on the screw. As I recall, you at least need to remove the center sill trim, the lefthand floor trim (the piece with the cargo hooks on it), and the center cargo compartment. Then you can pry the lower and pillar trim panels out together, far enough to get at the base of the lift arm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts