Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Se Sentra AT, 76 800 Miles.

Hey guys, this is my first post and I badly need help. I'm Canadian and lately temperatures have been pretty cold. Having problems starting my car by cold mornings, I've changed my battery (last week) for a new one with 875 CCA.

Had no problems starting the car since then but yesturday, something really strange happenned. I drove aprox. 25 miles to pick up my gf's at work and 1 min. before i get there(while driving 15m/h), power slowly began to fade away(cd started to skip then radio went off, front lights faded till i turned the rear window de-icer off and the fan off, then lights came back a little stronger) but made it there. Let the car running while waiting for my gf to hop in and the power went off. I tried to start the car again but it was like the battery died. First tought was the alternator but after 15 minutes, i tried to start the car again and it started, wtf?! Drove to the movie theater with full power intensity, stopped the car, 2 hours later, I started the car again and drove back home.

This morning I tried to start the car with no chance, used my boosting cables and came back inside to get some heat while the car was heating(idle speed). During that time, I saw the front lights fade off and then the car stopped again...no chance at starting it again without boosting cables.

It'd be great if anyone had any idea before i'm forced to get the car at the garage. Btw, i'm an aircraft technician but novice with cars, slowly learning as troubles comes...I also apologize for my lame english since it's my second language.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
Sounds like a bad connection, or cable corroded.
Check the battery terminals, and clean them, use corrosion resistant washers, you know the red and green ones.
Bend and pull on the cables to the battery terminals. if they are crunchy they are corroded. the terminals and some wire may just pull out of the jacket !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've cleaned the terminals, got boosted and went for a 1 hour drive. The problem seems to be fixed, I'll try to start it again later on to see if it goes well. So much trouble for an insignificant thing...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts