Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot the name, but I dont have enough money for rims and tires, so I was wondering what can be done with the stock alloys? I was thinking of (power coating sp?) my alloys to either White or gunmetal. Could they like sand or do something to the wheels to make them look like actual aftermarket rims? Could they also make little dots or something around it? Heres a pic of what I mean
something along those lines. How much would it be to power coat the alloys? And maybe those dot things.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Those little "dots" are bolts since that wheel is two-piece (or fake two-piece, in this case) and they're a pain to clean around. To have those added would be so much money it would be stupid, if it's even possible. Powdercoating is a heat process in which a dry powder is melted to form a coating on the wheel. It's a reasonably thick and very strong coating that fills in minor imperfections and lasts for a very long time. It's also not overly expensive either, although I'm not sure of the price. It's a good way to add a relatively inexpensive touch to the car that can make it look really good.

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
samo said:
Those little "dots" are bolts since that wheel is two-piece (or fake two-piece, in this case) and they're a pain to clean around. To have those added would be so much money it would be stupid, if it's even possible. Powdercoating is a heat process in which a dry powder is melted to form a coating on the wheel. It's a reasonably thick and very strong coating that fills in minor imperfections and lasts for a very long time. It's also not overly expensive either, although I'm not sure of the price. It's a good way to add a relatively inexpensive touch to the car that can make it look really good.

what type of shops do this coating?

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Some metal-working shops will do it, also industrial coating places usually have the machines. I would ask other tuners in your area for recommendations - prices can really vary.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I wish I had it polished... it's just sprayed silver for now. It's going to get coated bright red with polished letters as soon as I can afford it / get around to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts