Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 Pathfinder with an aftermarket stereo. The power antenna hasn't worked since I bought it but I figure either it has been unplugged or not connected because of the change in unit. Because my duaghter takes it through the auto car wash (at least she cleans it) and when she forgets to push the antenna in, it gets bent. I would like to either put a fixed antenna on it or a new power antenna with a separate switch to control up and down. My question is, how can I wire the switch to control the antenna?
Thanks

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
If I were you, I would stick a solid antenna on there. to many problems with power ones. Plus with a solid one, you don't have to worry about it bending in the carwash. :thumbup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nostrodomas said:
If I were you, I would stick a solid antenna on there. to many problems with power ones. Plus with a solid one, you don't have to worry about it bending in the carwash. :thumbup:
That is the way I was leaning. Thanks for the quick reply. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone know where I can find a good fixed antenna to replace it with? I have looked on-line and can't find any.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
IIRC, you can buy just the shaft and replace it. If the motor is shot, jus buy a new unit, even a universal one should work fine. There are 4 wires that connect to it:
signal wire (thick)
grounding wire
positive wire
up/down signal (solid +12V signals it to go up and stay up, 0V signals it to go down and stay down)

I replaced my solid shaft with a power unit. I think it looks smoother and works better than my old one ever did (although I usually keep it down).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts