Nissan Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 2121 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,087
I need someone to read and clear a code. I ran a code but I know exactly what problem it was and fixed it... Now I just want this CEL goonneee. Anyone know anyone???

·
Registered
15 Posts
if you just need the shit cleared i got a buddy with a scan tool. hell, i was supposed to have one two months ago but my tool guy never got them back in stock before i quit my last job.

jarrod, i got that text you sent but deleted it before i saved your new number. (dumb ass me). anyways, for now im runnin the cefiros with H4 harnessess and silverstar bulbs. no projectors or hids yet. I know two guys who work for david mcdavid acura who are tryin to get me a set of TL projectors on the cheap. with the h4s and silverstars in the cefiros my car actually has alot better light output with no extra glare.

nick, you aint the only one with new mods mane! fuck, i shouldnt have quit my job before I had a chance to use a lift and spring compressor to install my springs and struts. Ive been putting off doing it because all I have is a carport and this texas summer aint no joke. so I got new headlights, shocks/struts, springs, new LCA, sway bar end link, and fender. wait..... did I even mention the accident I had on fat tuesday? :D haha, trust me though, that poontang was worth it! with all the replacement parts I spent about $500 to fix it. needed a LCA, sway bar end link, rim and tire. wait.... did I even mention the comlete 00VI system I have waitin to go on my car? manifolds, tb, iacv, injectors, injectors clips, valve cover, and coil packs. just tryin to decide what setup I want to run.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,096
well, hopped in the max today to go have trophy read and clear the code (said they would for free) and i turned on the car.. code went away. :D

magic number for codes resetting themselves - 80 miles. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you fixed the problem, the CEL would be gone....

Also, autozone can clear codes for you, just gotta stay in line forever!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,098
If you fixed the problem, the CEL would be gone....

Also, autozone can clear codes for you, just gotta stay in line forever!
Wrongo. lol. i did fix the problem but without clearing it with a OBDII scanner, you have to drive about 80 miles for it to delete itself.

and Autozone WILL NOT clear the code. i called like 7 of them. they all said they will not clear it. they could lose their job.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ya, codes normally take a couple of cycles to remove themselves. Ive had the autozone off arapaho & custer, and the forest & abrams one delete codes for me. In fact, they offered, I didnt even ask.

2081 - 2100 of 2121 Posts