Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving today and stopped to go into a store, I came back out and when I tried to start my car, it sputtered and tried to start, but it would just die back down. I waited and tried, and about 45 mins later, it was like it had power but would not start. Just wondering if anyone knows that these are symptoms of the fuel pump gone, or something else a little more simple????
thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
that is a possible fuel pump problem but may not be anything wrong with the fule pump itself. take off the top of the fuel pump cover and it may be corroded. might have chewed the wires. check it before you buy anything

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more problems again...the night that the fuel pump didn't work, i went back about 4 hours later and the car started and ran A1, and the next morning it was fine all day. The gas got to about where it was when it wouldn't start and once again, it would not start. i let it set all night and this morning when i tryed it, it would not start. This afternoon, we hit the gas tank and the car started and drived good, shut it off five minutes later and it wouldn't start and still hasn't??? Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if it is the fuel pump, or it could be the wires, or water in the gas tank or whattt????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Buy some ISO-HEET at your local parts store, it sounds like your fuel pump is toast, if you hit the gas tank while cranking and your car starts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts