Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a guy I work with and I were coming home early Thursday morning, and nature decided to cause a deer to run in front of my XTRAIL. Fortunately, I swerved and missed the deer. Unfortunately, I ended up hitting post (90 km/h post) and then rode the guard rail, taking out some of the supporting guard rail posts and then coming to a stop. How she didn't roll over is beyond anyone who has seen her resting place. She was resting on an almost 45 degree angled hill.

Disclaimer: Due to the graphic nature of these pictures, viewer discretion is advised.

The most fortunate part of all of this is that no one was injured, and there were no other vehicles on the road, at that time. Also, upon further viewing, I noticed that there is frame damage. I wouldn't be surprised that the damage will be close to $10,000. If that is the case, she is a write-off and we would still owe a significant amount on the loan.

I am still in shock, and tears come to my eyes because she is such a good vehicle. I put over 40,000 km on here since I purchased her and not 1 problem. I drove her hard and put her in as much mud as I could find, within reason. If she is a write-off, she will sadly be missed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
ouch, thats gotta hurt, nature is amazing, but can sometimes be a pain.

Well, fingers crossed, but if its a write off, i am sorry for your loss, finanically and of your exy. Never nice to see a good car die.

Glad everyone involved was ok

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Sadly, I seen the final damage estimate and she has $11,727 in repairs. From that, it would be a miracle if she is ever on the road again. To say I am p*ssed is a major understatement!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Upon receiving a letter from our insurance company, it looks like there still may be a chance of repairing my XTRAIL. If the repairs go past the black book value, which they are, they will go with the market value. If the market value is close to the write off value, then I will get the market value (market value is based upon what my XTRAIL would be worth, based on the average price, and what the demand is for it). But, if there is a few thousand dollars difference between the two, then there is a chance that I will be driving my XTRAIL again. Of course, all of this is at the discretion of the ING insurance field appraiser.

We will know the final result in the next few days.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, my XTRAIL is a write-off. We did get good market value for her, but we still have to pay for what we owe. Regardless, I will still miss her and I am not sure what the future will have in store for us. Because of that accident, and 2 speeding tickets in the last year, I am now considered a "high risk driver". Now, our insurance is high again, and we are back to 1 vehicle.

This life can be harsh sometimes. When 1 thing goes wrong, it is usually followed by more bullshit! Anyway, with the write-off, I am going to abandon this account and move on.

Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Canadianbear, are you in Alberta? I was wondering if your rims are still salvageable?
I'm looking for some rims for the winter. I noticed one of them was ripped apart, but the other three look fine.
Vince

1 - 9 of 9 Posts