Nissan Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
hmmm.... i'll see if I cant find where it was I first heard of them. I believe that is is a mod for the IC. It basically uses minor water injection (somewhere) to help keep thigns cool, thus gaining power.

F

·
0 Posts
Oh, okay I know what you're talking about now. Alot of the Subaru guys use it. It's pretty cool and all, but if you're running low to mid boost I don't think you should waist you're money on it. You can always go to Homedepot and buy all the hardware for it, but it won't be as fine a mist. We've actually had a couple of Subaru guys do it. They said you can tell alittle bit, but you can really tell alot on a very hot day. It just helps cool the air in the intercooler more. I know Nitrous Express has a kit like that now too. They use Nitrous instead of water. I think that would work pretty good on a nice hot Texas day....

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I didn't think it would be helpful anytime soon. But once I am over 400HP in the future, it sounds like something I would be interested in. One thing I will not be doing is putting NOS on my car. To me, NOS is for someone who can't figure out how to set-up an engine for racing. :D

J

·
0 Posts
Donovan, i have been reading all your posts and i have plans to do the same thing. its like your reading my mind or something. well, i am glad you are asking all these questions because i have all the same questions in my mind. im looking for a 240 here in FL unless boostfactor will ship one at a decent price here. keep up all the questions, if i have any i will add my 2cents

thanks
stephen

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
JuvenileII said:
Donovan, i have been reading all your posts and i have plans to do the same thing. its like your reading my mind or something. well, i am glad you are asking all these questions because i have all the same questions in my mind. im looking for a 240 here in FL unless boostfactor will ship one at a decent price here. keep up all the questions, if i have any i will add my 2cents

thanks
stephen
Hey I'm glad I've been able to help you out some, and I'm sure Boostfactor is happy to as well. They're good guys. You can reach them at 972-399-0499. I don't think it would hurt to talk to them about shipping a 240 out there. Feel free to add any questions to this thread. The more information we can collect, the better our cars will run. Kind of a you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours thing.

Does anyone know where I can find some info on the suspension and rest of the S13 chasis? I've got plenty of info for the motor, tranny, etc. I want to start thinking about how I am going to keep the power on the road. I also wnat to know what the widest tires I can fit in the car are, especially in the rear. I'm eventually going to put either 17s or 18s in. I want as much rubber on the road as possible. :D TIA!

J

·
0 Posts
Donovan, i tried to call that number and it picked up like it was a fax line. could you double check the number and make sure it is right. thanks

stephen

F

·
0 Posts
Yea, that's the correct # to Boostfactor. They've been having phone problem's lately, and some calls don't get through. So just keep on trying.

J

·
0 Posts
I'll try back tomorrow, im sure they are closed now. Duc, do you still have some s13's there with blown motors, how about one with no motor, that would make my life a little easier. :) What kind of price tag are we looking at for one of those? how much do you think it would cost to ship to FL? dont break me, im a poor college kid :) thanks

stephen

F

·
0 Posts
Well it's not gonna be worth your time or ours if you want to find a cheap car from way out of state and have it shipped. I would try a little harder to find them in your local area so you don't have to pay for the shipping. When you look for one, make sure to find one that's got a motor. Because you will need to swap some parts from the KA to the SR. It'll make the swap take a little longer, but it will go alot smoother since you've got some of the parts to replace it with. Shipping on the car will be around $500+ so I wouldn't even waist my time with that if I was to look for a cheap car.

S

·
0 Posts
For S13 suspension mods, I believe you should always start with a full bushing replacement. For professional knowledge, I think Don Nimi of PDM Racing is the wisest out there. He has a fully modified S13 road racing car which he competes with in Canada. Check out www.pdm-racing.com, he carries a full line of 240sx suspension components, and does some custom machining at very reasonable prices. Only down side is you have to pay customs taxes when ordering anything. Back to what I was saying though, start with bushings. The suspenion needs to be tight for any other mods to work properly and 100% effectively. Polyurethane bushings accomplish this, along with a strut brace. Replace the swaybars close to last. If you replace them first, you'll mess up the neutral balance during cornering. That's advice from the experts not myself, I haven't gotten around to replacing mine yet. Good luck with your project, an SR powered S13 is one of the funnest cars I've ever owned or driven.

J

·
0 Posts
Good news Donovan, I have just gotten word that a local autosalvage has just got a 240 with a blown motor, i will be going there within the next few days to take a look at it, i will keep you posted. By the way, how is your project coming along?

-Stephen

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
My project is still pending funding. I'm currently on vacation in Springfield, Missourri, so it definately isnt going anywhere. Once I get back though, part 1 of the project goes in to full swing. I have to get the car sold. (200SX SE) I'll update this as it happens, though it will be a while.

Let us know how it goes with the salvage yard.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts