Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy's still hunting for the elusive issue that has so far evaded my technical expertise!Lol... Just what sort of issue does a problem with the egr valve and or the solenoid on the emissions canister??? As of now the car has a new issue that has only has lead me in this direction,it's the idle. I have noticed that the idle has been a little bit higher than I like and also is jumping around a bit? So I decided to try and trim it back well I was unable to do it and this leads me to believe that I might have some sort of vacuum leak or egr issue? I still have the miserable hard start issue and the performance is getting worse! If i have more than two people in the car it can barley get out of it's own way.....Someone has to have had something like what I am going through happen to them? Zero codes??Anyone have an egr problem with these symptoms?????

·
Registered
147 Posts
idle air controll valve, take it out and clean it with carb or brake cleaner......its on the left side of the intake plenum it has a purple plug on it

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but been there done that already! As I said I have done all of the things that are typicly wrong with this engine and now I am stumped?? I'm thinking that it might be an egr issue at this point?

·
Registered
485 Posts
well delete it and see if that fixes anything... Have you been able to check the ECU yet?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah I need to get one and try it but as usual money is holding me back! Is there a procedure that I can use that when deleting it?

·
Registered
147 Posts
did you check the maf? make sure the tubes around it are sealed correctly

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
OK, here is the problem. Under the plenum (top part of manifold) you have the Air regulator. this is a black and silver alluminum part that has 2 hoses coming out of it. Its bolted to the lower plenum with 2 10mm bolts. I had issues with mine holding the idle even when I hit the gas hard. it held the RMP at 2000 to 2500. then all of the sudden it would finally lower it. I replaced it and it was fine.

I will give you the Courtesy parts link here:
CourtesyParts :: [22660M] IACV-AIR REGULATOR - Sentra (B13) 11/1990+ 2.0L NX2000 5-Spd M/T, 08/19

see what engine and application you have, manual and automatic are different. I had to change mine when I swapped my automatic tranny for the manual

Chris 92 classic
[email protected]

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Chris! I will grab it off of my spare engine and go from there! The adjustment screw is at the very end and the idle is way high! Hope it works....

·
Registered
485 Posts
For the EGR delete there are walk throughs online but I havent been able to find a single one that covers everything. Alot of posts to get all the info I wanted. Still looking for a few other things.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well if you find the info that i need please post up so i can do away with that nonsense!!
Thanks Ralph

·
Registered
485 Posts
Man I have been trying to find pne of the first posts again for a bout 3 months. Its a PITA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts