Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is am awsome thred McRat. I was once one of those people that you see weaving in and out of traffic, Draging racing with every punk in a sanded down honda with a body kit that i saw, but something changed me. It was the law. Ya see Ive never been cought racing on the street before, and i really wasn't racing two nights ago either. I had already made up my mind to change my childish ways and do as my girlfriend said and drive safely. Well on this devilish night it was all that i could do just to get away from the guy. A honda (very old and beat up, only one head light) with a punk in it who wouldnt let me pass him in order to get off at my exit, was harrassing me on the road and had been for about 15 miles. He would get in front of me and slow down and then get beside me and taunt me. I could only handle so much of it until he did the most stupid thing. The guy threw something on my car and hit my hood. Now Ive only had this paint job that was worth about 2500 dollars on my car for a couple of months. I did'nt know what to do....... I had made my mind up to pass him and get way ahead of him because i was coming up on my exit, that way i would be in peace. I didn't have a cell phone to call 911 so it was all that i had to save the people behind me possible injury. anyway to make a long story short, i passed the honda about the same time as i passed the state patrol hiding in the ditch off to the side. I go to get off at my exit and the honda is halling ass to get away from the cops and passes me on the one lane ramp and takes a right. I continue my way home, doing as i should and driving safely takin my left. Well i see the cop in my rearview and watch him almost turn right and then make a uie in the middle of the road to get me. I stop. the cop says "one of you were doing 90 the other 86, the honda is gone so i had to get one of you, so you were giong 90. Guys you can't tell me that wasn't a pile of shit! I mean i felt like cryn'. 90 in a 65 is 25 over the limit which is grounds for liscense suspension in my town. Guys please have sympothy for me. I was almost helpless in this situation.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Unfortunately man, that crap happens. Your laws in your town are pretty tough and with small towns, cops have nothing better to do than sit around in ditches with their radar systems on. I believe you got played by the honda guy and the cop was looking for the easier catch. I hope they don't suspend your license.......

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a whistler radar/laser detector, which was in my dash(glove compartment) at the time. OOOOOHHHHHH the irany.

·
I think I lost my mod-nes
313 Posts
Of course, knowing that the cops in your town lurk for people like you could have been reason enough to have not messed with the guy. If he won't let you pass him, then don't worry about it. Do you always have to be in front? Not trying to be a prick, because it souds to me like the guy in the honda was being a dick, and, well, as much as it pains me to say, it sounds like the cop may have been being a bit of a dick, too. Regardless, you were speeding, and that makes you fair game.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
well i usually do the same thing, speed up to pass someone to get on my exit. regardless of whether you were doing 86 or 90, you still were going fast and if say you slam into the back of his car, it is going to be pretty tough to prove it was his fault. He can say he saw something in the road, hit his brakes and you werent paying attention and hit him.

The cop was not aware of your little situation and just did what he thought was fair in his jurisdiction. Dont fight it in court if you know you were breaking the law by going over the speed limit. Yes i go over the speed limit too but if i get caught, im not gonna fight it or start making it seem like im the victim. As a matter of fact about 2 weeks ago, i got a ticket for going 58 in a 40 mph zone.

·
Registered
321 Posts
My First Ticket....

oh yes...i remember now...

we had just got done replacing valve cover gaskets in my TEACHERS exploder, he told us to take it on a test drive.

we did

i got busted Drag Racing

84 in a 55

Lost my licence for a month

I was a school Legend.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
i had the same thing happen to me one saturday night after i left the bar, (bad move on there part). they started with the same shit you described. so i just fucked with them, i got behind them and fallowed them bitches all over town, no, i should say chased them bitches in that shitty ass ford probe all over town.... good thing they didn't stop, i'd be sitting in jail right now had my friends with me, i had a tire iron, my friends had the cast iron part of my jack stands, we were going to give some highschool punks a helicopter ride on life flight. some people just need a good ass beating to keep them in line. god this type of shit pisses me off!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
usually a 12 gauge shotgun clears disputes up rather quickly. The sound of a 12 gauge's action opening and closing is rather disturbing if you have no back up already out and in the open. Lesson learned... carry a 12 gauge in your car.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
i perfer a s&w .45

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Believe me guys, im not gonna try and fight it. The post subject that i chose was to get you guys attention, and i appriecate youre replys. 97 Sentra gxe, I don't take offense to what you say at all. I totaly agree on what your saying. And you can bet id rather a slow ass honda beat me in a race, or getting on my exit than getting a speeding ticket. Ive learned my lesson on speed ing and now my fuzz buster is planted right in the middle of my windshield, where it should have been in the first place!

WE ALL WIN SOME AND WE ALL LOSE SOME!
I won the race to the exit, but i fought the law and the law won:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts