Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body know if all the liquid polish for chrome is not abrasive or not and the paste or hard polish for chrome is abrasive or not? Thanks!!

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
i use mothers chrome polish on what little chrome i have haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Red Nissan said:
Does any body know if all the liquid polish for chrome is not abrasive or not and the paste or hard polish for chrome is abrasive or not? Thanks!!
chemicly i have no idea but but feel "brasso" is not abrassive and will not scratch the surface
think of it like this, for cleaning your tube you have 2 choices
A. comet (powder)
B. a spray cleaner (like 409 or something)
comet clearly have abrasives in it like "gojo" hand cleaner whilest the 409 relys solely on the chemical to clean. i would say stick to the brasso, but if you do use a paste use mothers or a girots product seeing as how they will be very gentle

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
I used MAAS which I bought at Home Depot for around $4.96 it's a pink looking paste which you have to squeeze out of tube. I got the best results. Never seen a polishing product any better than that. I just bought another tube for my new chrome valve cover... just to clean the dirt off of it left from the the powdercoating process. It's really good stuff. I'm gonna use it to polish the header and intake once the salt season is over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts