Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 06 Altima, automatic, 2.5, 82,500 miles, I drove my car to autozone to get a part for neighbors car that I was helping out, my car ran and drove normal as always , I was inside the store for 15 minutes, when I got in my car to start it, it cranked over but wouldn't start, I made three or four attempts with extended cranking and it made no attempt to start, I opened the hood to see if I could see anything obvious, but nothing, so I shut the hood, made another attempt to start it, and it started like normal, I noticed the service engine soon light on, I drove it home, it ran normal, when I got home I checked with my scan tool and it had a code PO340, and 2 pending code PO340 for Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit, I cleared the code, the car is starting fine now and running normal, no codes have reset, My question is should I replace the camshaft sensor? or should I check anything else, I'm concerned because my wife drives the car to work during the week and I don't want her get stranded. I figured if anyone has seen this before what better person to ask then a Nissan Tech. Any information is much appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update, I replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor , it's been about four weeks now with no further problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts