2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought this was a little strange
I guess now people are using the member list to send out ads

got this in my PM inbox
from
Dwarll

The Ultimate Rally - Summer 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the best drivers on earth:

The Ultimate Rally is the world championship of street racing.
7 days, 3000 miles, 200mph and US$ 2 million prize money.

If you are a fast driver with a powerful car & balls of steel
checkout our official website: http://www.ultimaterally.com/

The Ultimate Rally is limited to 100 cars and the entry fee
is US$ 30,000. See our terms & conditions and apply here:
http://www.ultimaterally.com/application.html

Join our official Forums at http://board.ultimaterally.com/
and learn more about this next generation Cannonball Run.

Greetings,

Kimble
Founder of the Ultimate Rally.
www.kimble.org

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Actually, you stumbled across something that's worse than I originally thought. We're being spammed by robots. It looks like there are several dozen different user names sending out this garbage. I just disabled private messaging for newbies.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Working on it... since I deleted the messages another 30 have been sent. I'm working on blocking their IP.Some of the accounts were created over 3 weeks ago.

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
We really need an attack mechanism to get back at these bastards.

Full out barrage.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
The problem is it's coming from too many different IP addresses.

I've shut it down... at least for now. Up till now newbies that had been here < 2 days were considered probationary. Now that includes newbies without any posts as well. The probationary usergroup also no longer has permission to use private messaging. Since none of these accounts had any posts, they can no longer send private messages and hopefully this won't happen again. Of course this means legitimate newbies can't use private messages either, but what can you do?

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Scott said:
Of course this means legitimate newbies can't use private messages either, but what can you do?
99 out of 100 noobs don't even know what a PM is. So once they post their welcome in the noob section, they should be good to go once they figure out how to do it.

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
lol...I got one too from 'JaquesvD'

·
TRIPPLITE COMMAND CONSOLE
109 Posts
:fluffy:

i got one and laughed.
only 1 to my email.. even though it says my PM has 1 unread but nothing is showing hahaha..

man.. php can be mean sometimes cause its so nice.
LOL

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got a blank PM to, thats funny... bte there is a way to stop those things from doing what they do.. but last time i did my thing the virus took out a tonne of innocent computers.. im not into fixing that one again... :p

·
TRIPPLITE COMMAND CONSOLE
109 Posts
"You are witnessing history today. Noone has ever messaged 1.000.000 members of his target group as sufficient as we did on the 20 most famous car Forums within just 24 hours blushing "
( i guess we are on the top20 forums! YEAH BITCHES OWNING j00 )

OMG. that was genius. like i said php is too nice to those sorts of things.
lol im not raising hell there.. thats all i need to to get my isp bitchin at me more.. for spammin ( again ) and all that. ( or so they say stupid blacklist )

1 - 20 of 44 Posts