Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i need new plugs and wires, and i was searching about on this forum and it seems to be that people like the ngk stuff, so my questions are:

should i spend the extra money for the fancier iridium plugs that cost like 7 bucks a plug or get the v power ones that are only 2 bucks a plug, i dont race (although i would like to take my car out for an autocross funrun somtime) but I do drive kinda hard on the street and i would like my car to be more powerful, but i don't think an extra 20 bucks on plugs is gonna do that

next question is the plug wires, as i said above it seems all you guys like the ngk stuff but the ngk wires are cheaper than i was expecting ($56), which is fine with me, i just wanna be sure they are good cause i was expecting more like 90

thx

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
I am running ngk plugs in my turbo ga16, and they seem just fine. I have autolite wires and I don't seem to have any spark issues whatsoever. Not sure if this well really help you, but IMHO I don't think 20 plugs are worth it.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,230 Posts
The NGK V power plugs are your best bet; I've been using them in my 91 240SX for years with no problems. The iridium plugs are expensive overkill.

·
Registered
16 Posts
so i need new plugs and wires, and i was searching about on this forum and it seems to be that people like the ngk stuff, so my questions are:

should i spend the extra money for the fancier iridium plugs that cost like 7 bucks a plug or get the v power ones that are only 2 bucks a plug, i dont race (although i would like to take my car out for an autocross funrun somtime) but I do drive kinda hard on the street and i would like my car to be more powerful, but i don't think an extra 20 bucks on plugs is gonna do that

next question is the plug wires, as i said above it seems all you guys like the ngk stuff but the ngk wires are cheaper than i was expecting ($56), which is fine with me, i just wanna be sure they are good cause i was expecting more like 90

thx
Read here: NGK Spark Plugs & Plug Wires. Will explain the difference between the plugs. Interested in saving yourself around 25% off listed prices? Let me know. I am an AMSOIL dealer and can get you what you need at competetive prices.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Don't be stupid - this is not an engine that is going to blow away off a start - iridiums are just overkill.....

This engine was designed primarily 4 long-lasting and gas mileage......but still can run high speed once it gets going (my girl and I got 135 on 81 in TN). Iridiums won't buy her much - just a bigger dent in your wallet....;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts