Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was in the shop getting ready to change my transmission fluid( it is a stick) i got the "fill" plug off just fine then i went to take off the "drain" plug and it got stripped ... does anyone know where i can order another one? auto zone and advance do not carry that part... someone told me to go to the junk yard and get one off of a late Datsun truck but idt that the junk yard will allow me to take just the plugs... help please
:givebeer:

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Definitely sounds like a junkyard part, they shouldn't have a problem with you taking a plug that's why they are there. Try pullapart if you have one close.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
Courtesy Nissan web site says these are 3.49 each...go to your dealer...

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I dont know what size or thread it is, but you could probably find the plug at any hardware store. You'd have to bring your old one to compare, it's probably just a regular NPT fitting, you can find those in most plumbing sections. If you can figure out the size and thread pitch, i'm sure summit racing would have something.

Now...when you say it's stripped though, the plug itself got stripped or the case did? If the case is stripped you're pretty well screwed, apart from re-tapping it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts