Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car just started to act up , When i turn the key normaly my clock lights up and shows the time now it don't i just lights up . When i turn the key to try to start the car i have no dash lights or clock before it starts. when it starts and is running the same thing happens no clock no dase lights no tech when ideling , when i rev it a bit about 2500+ rpm everything comes back on an works like it should, after a few minuts the car starts to not run right like total loss of power and boggy.Then i shut the car off and the battery is stone dead.

what's going on anyone know any ideas on what i should try or do ............thanx for all you help..........hope to get this fixed soon

:mad:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Check your alternator. Most likely what's happening is that your alternator is dead and your car was just running straight off the battery. I had this happen to my '88 Corsica that I had like 5 years ago. Check that out, it would explain the dead battery too.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was thinking ,but i had the alternator tested and it turned out to be good...................????
i've tried other different batteries and i end up with the same problem .
i replaced the ground cable from the post to the tranny no difference but i ended up with a new cable though

thanx for your help :) any other ideas greatly appreciated

·
Banned
809 Posts
hmm, i'd say check some fuses, fuse box's wires anything like that.. sounds like there is a loose wire. adn it is kicking in, once your car gets revved, so the wire touches teh coreesponding spot... i'd be lookin into that if i were u.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx for your help guy's , what i did was use a light tester cliped it to the ground post and then tuched the power wire that bolts on the alternator.........sure enough no power ,meaning that if there was power the alternator would have been shot but it tested good .so i then traced that line back to the battery and found that the wire on the + cable , the one that is about six inches long with a clip on each end that makes the connection between the battery and the alternator was broke. i uncliped it and just put a jumper wire there for now untill i get the proper one for it.
sweet works like brand new :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts