Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

- Most importantly, where can I find a free parts directory list for a '97 Nissan Altima?
- It doesn't accelerate as well as it used to and I just noticed this within the last month (Is there anything I should check or fix ?).
- whats the best website to buy parts for a '97 Altima?
(all the websites appear to have the same inventory & price)

thanks a lot, I'm so happy I stumbled on this website.

·
Biru O' Kudasai
1,426 Posts
I replied to your other thread but a good tune up should take care of the problem. I recommend The NGK V-Power plugs and Nissan cap and rotor. Don't forget to change the air filter and fuel filters as well.

Troy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mrnoname said:
have you added a muffler? have you replaced your fuel filter? how long has it been since a tune up has been done to your car? you have to let us know what you are experiencing and what you have done to your car.

yes, i recently replaced my muffler about 4months ago. can this be the cause of it? and I also had my tune up feb of last year. Does this have anything to do with the spark plugs or is it the muffler? Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mrnoname said:
did yu repplace it with a factory or is it a aftermarket loud muffler?
i replaced it with a regular muffler at a local muffler shop but not with factory mufflers though. is this the cause of loss in horsepower?

·
Registered
243 Posts
well the reason i was asking was that when you put on an aftermarket muffler on it will run fine for a little while but then the muffler starts gettin louder and yu start losing backpressure and it affects your acceleration off the line. but if its 1 like you say then that should not be the problem. i think you should do a good tune up. fuel filter, pcv valve, oil change with a good synthetic oil, spark plugs and wires, distributor cap and rotor button. then post back and let us know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts